Friday, November 11, 2005

David and Rosenda's one-month celebration for baby Ian

Tonight, I went to the one-month celebration for baby Ian. His father David has been a friend of mine from way back, and it was a great honor to be there! I borrowed Eddie's cell phone to call Eric and tell him what was up by leaving a message: when I got home, I discovered a series of MSN messages from him (calling me "flubber") telling me to call him. Well, I hope he got the phone message unless his batteries had problems again! My MSN name is due for a change... so I'll just put "Flubber," haha.

Eddie, Eunice, Alan, Shally, Andrea, Phil, Melia, Jenny, and I talked about LOST / 24 / ONE TREE HILL for a while. Then we moved on to babies.. we suspect Lily of being pregnant, haha. It'll be a baby / kid boom for sure in Awana a few years hence! Let's just say you probably don't want to know Alan's theories about sperm and getting the desired baby gender. o_O Melia says her cousin Chrystal is coming back for good from Korea in February.. she's there to teach kids English and math, and even taught the kids a Switchfoot song. (she says Jason is depressed because he's living in a dorm!) Eunice is going back to school to become a hairdresser: it's a good school, though the length of the days will kill her since she hates long days anyhow. When Eunice and Jenny started talking about "pee chills," Eddie thought they'd gone insane: "It's called 'I have to go to the bathroom!' I don't shiver when I need to go pee!" Phil forgot he had to work today, so his supervisor called him at 6:30 AM... oh no! Eddie went skiing today for the first time this season, so his legs were pulsating!

Baby Ian has such big eyes... he's so cute! His cousin Olivia was born three weeks before he was, and she was actually awake! When David told everyone the story of how Rosenda got here from the Philippines just in the nick of time before her third trimester, and how the baby was born right when the MSP coverage kicked in, it was wonderful to see how God had worked in their lives. The slide show was cute, too... baby pictures and shots of family and friends! Definitely a good night! (my mom thought Nathan looked drunk on Sunday... he just hasn't been getting enough sleep, is all!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home