Saturday, June 25, 2005

Death, birthdays, weddings, and bubble tea

Tonight was lo-fi. It was raining very hard where I was, but it was sunny where my siblings were. Go figure... it's just a 10-minute drive between the two places, as well! So when I went to the townhouse for dinner and announced that I hated the rain, my family was surprised! Eric wasn't feeling well, so he wanted to let us know so we wouldn't worry... Steph said he sounded weakened on the phone, poor guy. Hope he feels better soon.

I gave Randal a birthday card, and a book that he'd expressed interest in borrowing. It doesn't matter that I haven't finished it yet, since I have a pile of unfinished books at home anyhow! He was surprised that I'd remembered, but I confirmed with my sister that I did remember almost everyone's birthdays!

When I asked Silvester how his week was, he told me that his father had died of liver failure at age 57. Ouch, I don't think that was expected at all. I'll certainly be thinking of him, and am amazed he managed to make it tonight! :(

Talked to Jen, Danielle, Jackie, Emily, Sheena, Chalaine, Andy, Helen, Frances, Connie, Jenny, Randal, Derek, Dylan, Dianne, Karen Grace, Ryan, Angus, and some other people about philosophy / Iran / communism / movies / next week's barbecue at Spanish Banks / other things. We're all excited for Jeff and Anita's wedding tomorrow, and wish them all the best! Frances was waiting for her husband Mel for a long time! I got a ride from Helen to / from the banquet tomorrow, which is a good thing! (I hope Danny doesn't take too long with the truck in the afternoon, heh) Adela and Andy were talking, and she saw a guy with a gun who wanted to go into the Pho restaurant and shoot people... very scary!

Later, we tried convincing Angus to join us for bubble tea at Oasis. Apparently, he's so popular that he had another party to go to.. oh well. Dylan dropped Jon off at a Skytrain station so he could take in some of the jazz festival at Gastown. Sounds dodgy, but as long as he gets home in time to go to the wedding tomorrow.... and gets enough sleep! Karen Grace, Ryan, Steph, and I went to Oasis. I had lychee, Steph had papaya (which she forgot she disliked until she tasted it), Karen had coconut ice cream with pearls, and Ryan had green tea ice cream with pearls. Talked about the wedding, Steph's interview, Karen L., Margaret, Jeff, and my mom's melodramatic emo act around my sister's leaving again. It's only an interview, so it's not PERMANENT! Heh.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home