Sunday, May 22, 2005

Goodbye, Yazmine..... it is with sadness that I remember this.....

As if all that other stuff wasn't enough, I called my best friend Yazmine just now.

Her: What do YOU want?
Me: *gets a sinking feeling* Just to talk!
Her: You're acting like everything's normal! You took 50 cents from me! (to top up the tip at the Greek restaurant we went to recently)
Me: Like I said, I'll pay you back. I'm sorry!
Her: This isn't the first time. (I've paid her back every time I've borrowed money!)
Me: I said I'll pay you back, and I will once I see you.
Her: I don't think so. From now on, consider our friendship over! *click*


Over 50 cents?! Is the woman delusional?!

I guess this proves this truth: "Neither a borrower nor a lender be."


Now I have to find a new best friend.... she did mention cutting people out of her life for less, so I really suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Still, I have a LOT of memories from our eight-year friendship. I guess some people don't realize how much a sudden cut like that hurts. She didn't say anything about it on the 13th, although she DID leave rather abruptly at the end of the meal without her usual "Take care... I'll call you!" If I'd known she was so broken up over the fifty cents, I'd have said something before this!


This is just the first time I've ever had a friendship end like that! :(
(others like Elizabeth and Leni have drifted away, but it's not like this!)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home