Sunday, April 24, 2005

Bathroom Readers, cards, suspensions, Camp Luther swimming memories, hypnosis, and more!

My parents discussed my aunt's visit with me this morning on the way to church. They're going to book a bus tour for us tomorrow: that leaves me feeling like I don't know what's happening there, since the circumstances are a bit out of my control. I know I shouldn't obsess over control so much, but you have to admit it's nice knowing what will happen with a good amount of certainty. I've already booked off Awana on Saturday, since I'm so organized and all. (read: it wouldn't do to have Aunt Janis hang around the church while I'm off doing my thing with the kids :P) I'm not too sure I like the idea of a bus tour yet, but at least it's only an overnighter and not over a week like the last one was! *thud* I guess I can always pack one book to read: I certainly have enough that I've not finished yet! Not sure how we'll get along, but my mom remains hopeful that Janis will buy me a lot of stuff using the gobs of money she has. Me, I'm not expecting that... I'm trying to adopt the "don't expect anything and you won't be disappointed" philosophy, heh.

As soon as I got to church, I gave Julie a birthday card for her brother Brian to be given to him when he gets back in the summer. I also gave Danielle her Bathroom Reader; she really liked it, and hugged me! Erin said that was really thoughtful, and asked me for my email address: she tried sending me something at my old one, and it bounced back. Christon sat beside me; we talked with Dianne, Silvester, Nathan, Citrus, and Danielle about exams and our weeks. Dianne jokingly hates Christon since he's all done with his exams. Christon asked me about my week, so I told him that I'd hung out and talked all day with a friend on Thursday. That was cool. :D

After service, we all milled around in the back parking lot and talked. I gave Justin his brother Clement's birthday card, and I gave Vivian her sister Karen's birthday card... both to be given to the proper people later on. Saves me time trying to find them later on, heh. Citrus mentioned the time when he and Eric became hypothermia buddies at Camp Luther a few years ago. He, Eric, Sean, and Alan decided to swim a good length of the lake and back one afternoon while they were there for Fellowship camp once. It didn't look so bad when they went in, even if Sean DID give up very early in the swim. The lake certainly got to be pretty cold once they were at the halfway point and stopped to let Stella take pictures of them on a rock. (they STILL don't have those!) Danielle remembers hearing about the story, and I remember calling Cindy Y. and having her tell me about it! I'd immediately called Eric after she told me: it took half an hour of a very hot shower to feel remotely warm again, and 45 minutes to feel like they could function!

I gave Christon his early farewell and birthday cards, and he thanked me for them. It's not like I'll see him on or near October 2, since he gets back in December from Edmonton. Sheena and Chalaine were exchanging money, which then caused Citrus to make a reference to the moneylenders in the temple. I got it right away, and asked if there were any tables in the vicinity to overturn. It took Nathan a little longer to get it, and he laughed at it. What can I say, my brain works well at times. (like the time Nathan made a reference to doing a "3 minus 1" at the Venus Café in 2003... Jon and Eddie didn't get it, but I did!) Nathan thought that I said I owed him money, but I don't. Then he and Justin were trying to jokingly hypnotize me with a nickel: "You are getting very sleepy... you are on a beach somewhere... give to the fund of Nathan...." Haha, I'm not THAT gullible or impressionable!

Silvester and Jen both asked me when my siblings would be back: May 8 and May 18. I gave Jen her birthday card, and talked to Dawn for a bit. Danielle will miss Jon's initial arrival, since she'll be in China for 2.5 weeks, but she won't miss Steph's... too bad Steph isn't coming back on her birthday like last year, haha! Citrus told us that he was much more mature now, because he once got suspended from school for hitting someone over the head with a plastic baseball bat. This inspired me to tell them that I was suspended from school once for something similar, but the weapon involved was a field hockey stick... yes, very much different! I know what Citrus and his sister were like as annoying kids: Cordia cried all the time, for one thing! He wondered what had made him mature... I suggested cadets, which could have been part of it. At least Citrus and Cordia are great now! We also made fun of people from Coquitlam, hahaha. Nothing serious, so Coquitlam people reading this can relax. ;)

After Sunday School, my mom thought that I needed her vest so I wouldn't be cold. It was so very warm outside! I didn't even wear my jacket this morning, unlike Nathan! At least I got to go home, and then think about my aunt's impending arrival. Eep.


You scored as Angel. Angel: Angels are the guardians of all things, from the smallest ant to the tallest tree. They give inspiration, love, hope, and positive emotion. They live among humans without being seen. They are the good in all things, and if you feel alone, don't fear. They are always watching. Often times they merely stand by, whispering into the ears of those who feel lost. They would love nothing more then to reveal themselves, but in today's society, this would bring havoc and many unneeded questions. Give thanks to all things beautiful, for you are an Angel.

Angel

75%

Dragon

58%

Mermaid

50%

WereWolf

50%

Demon

42%

Faerie

33%

What Mythological Creature are you? (Cool Pics!)
created with QuizFarm.com

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home