Sunday, March 27, 2005

I like mushy guys who actually mean what they say!

Random notes on the day:

* paying Julie S., Elaine, Stanley, and Margaret back their $10 each

* talking to Hien about the 30-Hour Famine

* giving Hien and her sister Quan a lot of gum

* agreeing with Danielle that we hated putting ALL the effort into a relationship (for example: SHE signs all the cards for people, not Citrus!)

* comparing my Easter baptism cards (they're religious, but not overly so!), Danielle's baby cards (the "birth" part DOES work! ;) ), and Nathan's mentoring / friendship cards (some of them worked, some didn't... they looked better in the store!)

* going to Pho for lunch with Eric, Danielle, and Nathan... we were amused by Nathan's last-minute signing of the baptism cards and by his word choice

* agreeing with Nathan that you didn't meet many mushy guys who actually meant what they said (he was trying to prove a point to Danielle about what he writes to his friends in cards, not to mention what he does actually say to them)

* giving hugs, gifts, and cards to Christon, Vania, Darren, Joey, Samuel, and Chalaine... Wes just got a card since I don't know him that well

* Eric joking that I kept the card industry alive with ALL the cards that I buy for birthdays, baptisms, weddings, and such... somehow, I don't THINK so! :P

* Danielle thinking that I must have a LOT of cards at home... oh yeah!

* Maxine giving me Jeff and Anita's wedding invitation

* giving Julie M. her birthday card a couple of weeks late

* talking to Sean, who got into NYU dental school and leaves in July

* asking Tracy if she got her Ohio flight booked yet.. it's July 20

* clarifying who Wes was to Nathan (Esther's fiancé)

* apologizing to Chalaine for misspelling her name

* telling Danielle that I used to misspell Dianne's name all the time until a few years ago when I found out it was a double N... it's not a conventional spelling, for one thing!

* discovering that Silvester had been baptized Catholic (that's fine, it's still Christian!)

* not being able to read the Chinese testimonies

* telling Dylan that I'd take Eric's guitar for him.. no forgetting this week!

* Sean telling me that he'd been to GCBC and Fraserlands services before the baptism service, so he was pretty tired... I would be also!

* rehashing the slow service at Red Robin's for Danielle, who wasn't there

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home