Sunday, February 20, 2005

Finally saw Bryant!

Eric remembered to pick me up today, and he sounded MUCH better than he had on Friday night! He then asked me how life was in "Pink Marshmallow Land"... apparently, that's his name for my pink winter coat which used to be my cousin Lilian's. (Jon just calls it the "pink flambé jacket," haha) Then he asked about my week, and whether there were any interesting forum conversations. I told him that my week was good, and also that there wasn't any scintillating info I could remember. (if there was, I might not tell him even though he's golden)

We sat together during church service: as I was writing things down, he noticed that his name was circled in my notebook. He wondered if I had some crazy obsession with him... of COURSE not! It's just a thing I did when I felt differently about him than I do now. ;) Of course, I didn't tell him that.. I'll just let him think whatever he wants, as it's all good.

After service, I actually saw Bryant (Justin's cousin)... bloody oath, but I haven't seen him for AGES! We talked for a bit about how things were with us.. I remember all those family dinners where we had SPICY hot and sour soup / fried chicken! (there was also this joke that he and my brother had about alien anal probes, but let's not go there :P)

I also saw Brian, and hugged him hello. He's back from Alberta for Reading Week, as is Margaret. He needs to do a lot of reading, and also catch up on sleep, which he hasn't really done since Wednesday. We talked about all my brother's Pho-related MSN names, life, and how things were. Margaret might do a transfer back here because she's really homesick; Daniel joked that it was really because she missed her boyfriend Jeff, and was tired of just webcamming. Speaking of Daniel, he and our friend Chung Yan might want to start a Christian school.. he's done all he wants to do in his seven years of teaching high school. It was good to see these friends again!

Managing the toddlers during Sunday School was interesting.. I went to the bathroom three times in a row with Gwyneth, Ethan, and Alina. (when I told Eric about this later, he termed me the "bathroom attendant") Even though Frances and I ask them if they want to go after playtime / before singing and story time, they all deny it. At least Ian didn't seriously have to go! Jed was his usual rambunctious self, and we had to tell him quite a few times not to hit / push anyone.

Afterwards, a bunch of people wanted to go eat lunch. Eric, Erin, Jen, Danielle, Nathan, Citrus, Dylan, and I discussed PhDs and Masters degrees in education / psychology. Erin said that her dad was eating lunch at a Burger King in Chinatown, hahaha! We also talked about Eric's sickness, Fellowship doings, and various restaurants where we could eat lunch:

* McDonalds (Citrus gave us coupons that expired today, but we weren't sure if they had whole wheat buns that Eric could eat)
* Bon's (Erin went there for breakfast already this morning)
* Red Robin's / Knight and Day
* Pho (Jen objected, saying that we always went there.. Pho #1 had repetitive music, Pho #2 was really busy, and Pho #3 didn't have subs)
* Kerrisdale restaurants in general (too far for certain people?)


Eventually, Eric and I went home.. even though Erin tried persuading us to go. He was my ride, so I did whatever he wanted... his trump card was that he was still getting over feeling sick, so he'd rather eat a healthy lunch at home. We can always do something next time, perhaps!

Eric said that he'd remembered me this time, and asked how managing the toddlers was. Then he asked if I'd talked to Spoz (Spaz?) or "Mystery Memphis" lately. Haven't talked to one, and my thoughts on the other were: "Talking? More like fighting, or wanting to. =/ Eek." But I told Eric that we'd been talking a little, and I also had a photo of him that I could show on MSN. (only because Chinese Eric was asking about that, otherwise I'd never do it :P)

I told him how Monday had gone; at the mention of Chinese Eric bringing me roses, he joked: "See? You CAN steal him away from his girl, haha!" (I'd never want to do such a thing, and I doubt he'd want me to!) After that, I started laughing at some weird random thought in my head: he termed it "cackling like a madwoman." *laugh* Gotta love time with friends! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home