Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Disposable camera, tabloids, chicken tacos, butterscotch pot de crème

I bought a package of two disposable cameras, after checking first to make sure that there was a photo processing centre at the London Drugs. Of course there is one, but I like being very positive about these things... I can always lose myself in the book / magazine section when my film eventually gets processed!

Also bought the Feb. 21 National Enquirer with a stoned Ashley Olson on the cover, only because the RQ "John Goodman is dead" Internet hoax was written up inside. I didn't participate in it at all, mainly because I didn't think it was the right thing to do. But I might as well have a copy of the thing for posterity... while I was at it, I also bought the Weekly World News. Yes, I know those are tabloids / cheap entertainment / lies, but the Weekly World News is my favorite out of all those magazines. (and it's not like I buy them every week, either! :P) I remember the field day my brother and his friends had with some November 2001 issue of the Weekly World News because the cover story featured someone who allegedly hadn't bathed / showered for six years. (OLD inside joke, don't ask! :P)

I also bought some microwaveable dinners since I now have a working microwave, but decided against buying some Sunlight liquid detergent because it would be too heavy to carry home tonight. Was also going to go to the bank and get a money order, but I can do that next week when I buy the envelopes I forgot about. (it's not like LJ will chase me down if I don't pay my $25 immediately!)

Also had some spicy Thai chicken tacos at Milestone's for dinner. I was going to try some butterscotch pot de crème with dark chocolate toffee crunch (which is flavored with premium Scotch and topped with dark chocolate cream) for dessert. But it wasn't on the regular dessert menu (just the Winter Inspirations one), and I forgot what it was called. Next time!

Got home and tried the disposable camera out on the roses and the John Goodman story... luckily, it does come with instructions for the camera-challenged like me. So I hope these pictures turn out all right.. and hopefully the scanner at the townhouse isn't high up on a shelf like it was last time I wanted to use it! I'm also thinking of saving the roses somehow, but I'm not handy at crafts. Eep.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home