Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hanging out with Chinese Eric, and relationship discussions

Late this afternoon, I was frantically trying to get ahold of Eric H. to see whether we were still on for tonight. I tried calling his house a few times, and got the answering machine most times... I got his mom or his sister the last time, and she said she'd let him know. I would have called his cellphone, but forgot where I put the number... aiya!

I also called Eric M., but his mom said that he'd gone home early from work at around 3 because he wasn't feeling well. He seemed to be up for it yesterday, but these things happen. I certainly know how it is when you're sick and forget to stay in contact with people you made previous plans with!

Eric H. finally got on MSN, and we made plans for tonight: no Korean BBQ or movie, as it turned out. Instead, we hung out at my place; he bought us two Domino's pizzas. Boy, was I surprised when he showed up at the door with a dozen roses too! :D I thanked him for everything; he said that it was a nice gesture, and would be practice for a real date when Fay got back: too true! He said the same thing when I offered to pay for some of the pizza, so I gave him a little Valentine's Day teddy bear in return. (even though that was kinda weird, it was all good!)

We watched TV and spent a LOT of time talking about relationships, people asking / answering seemingly stupid questions, romance, how things were, trust, and what my perspective was on people paying for me on the first date.. I'd at least make a gesture to pay for some of it. Also talked about photos, how parents viewed online dating, phone dodginess, Eric's not being the typical dominating boyfriend, surprise visits, compromise, advice / perspective, holidays / special occasions without your partner, and other things.

We also spent time talking about non-relationship issues, of course. He wondered if I'd seen Hon lately (no), asked if I'd talked to my siblings recently (yesterday / last week?), Memphis Blues (Nathan had mentioned it to him.. we SO should go there!), sex and music (inspired by some CityTV commercial), sports, and tampon commercials. He gave me his cell phone number again; we talked about not being able to get my bedroom window open (another thing to complain to the building manager about since I pay rent), kids / nannies (inspired by Supernanny.. I thought of my friend Evelyn Z.), the general craziness at restaurants today (he wished he could treat me to a fancy feast, but it would be insane waiting), my interesting books (dumb dates, idiotic criminals, and serial killers to name a few book subjects), my MSN (I said I'd upload a certain picture for my display photo... I did that just now), the news, and being special.

It was awesome to hang out, and to talk about stuff with someone who totally understands! While I hope Eric M. gets better soon, I'm glad things worked out for me and Eric H. tonight. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home