Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The usage of "LOL" (stolen from Spoz) / Kissing quote, Japanese curse, a warning shot across the bow, Spoz humor

LJ equivalent.
FB note link.


I was looking for this just now in response to something else, and figured I might as well put it here. For the record, I don't use "LOL" either, for much the same reasons.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Jan. 27, 2003

On a disjointed adjunct to this subject.. here's one thing that always irks me with online conversations.. I've never been a believer, a supporter, or a user of the "lol".. y'know, that funny chat abbreviation for "laugh out loud"..? I've seen it enough years to've had a chance to accept it, yet it still bugs me.. coz it somehow seems less a form of "laughter" and more somethin' drugdealers at raves call their merchandise.. "oi ya geeza's, wanna drop a lol?"

I do like "rotfl" (rolling on the floor laughing), I have no problems with "ltmheaidafev" (laugh till my head explodes and I develop a flesh eating virus) or "iho24htldywf?" (I have only 24 hours to live, do you wanna fuck?)

But.. "lol" still bugs me, it just looks stupid..
As a result.. I'm one of the few people who insists on using "hahahahhahahha" instead.. which unfortunately makes me appear to be a gibbering mental patient on too much novocaine..

Speaking of such, why is it that most Internet chats are seemingly loaded with "lol"s and "rotfl"... are Internet conversations really all that crazy with laugh-a-minute excitement? Are most Internet uses abusing a seriously out've control drug habit? There's no subtlety with the "lol"..

Really, wot we need is.. "ptfyci" (pretending to find your conversation interesting), "atsau" (attempting to stifle a yawn), "yjs" (your jokes suck).. etc.. etc.. y'know.. develop some widely accepted grey region emoticons.. so it doesn't seem like you're bursting out in a multiple G-spot trigger everytime someone tells a lame joke. ;)

Sure, this is a meaningless issue to a lot of you..
but seriously, it's small things like these that if untreated, lead to your children being eaten by killer bees..

Let that be a warning to ya!




Kissing Quote: "The anatomical juxtaposition of two orbicularis oris muscles in a state of contraction."
- born romantic Henry Gibbons defines a kiss.

The kissing one takes all the fun out of it, according to Corey. I wouldn't know, since I've never been kissed in my life. (romantically, that is!) :P




Japanese curses from Corey: anata wa dai baita desu. kuso gaki, ikura desu ka?

which means.... You're a big whore. How much are you, shit-faced devil?


The other curses I know kinda serve me well, too... booyah! :P

Sacre bleu!

May you live in interesting times.

* plus others I can't really think of right now :P




Whenever I really get to missing a certain someone, it's probably a sign that something else is about to start. Heed the warning shot across the bow.

I should really read all the humor from Spoz that I've saved... yay for that! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home