Saturday, January 15, 2005

LJ still being down, found my wallet, Darren calling, Reality Lag

LJ is still down, and they made a special Power Loss page with updates. If it ever goes back up, these are the first things I'm going to do:

* attempt to convince my LJ friends to get a GJ (even though I shall probably still be at LJ)

* back up most of my LJ entries on GJ... I knew I should have done it earlier, and was thinking about it last week!

* try to find similar GJ communities to the ones I'm in at LJ, although I know it probably won't be the same since the LJ communities are more active and such... I was going to do it anyhow...


This would be a good time to figure out how to view the friends of your friends on GJ. I asked a question on the GJ forums about that, and then they deleted it! *argh*

I might spend less time on the Net because of this... we'll see.




In other news, I found my wallet... it was under a pile of stuff.

Got to talk to Darren for a bit earlier... I believe him when he says he'll call me tonight at 8 my time, unlike certain other people. ;) It'll be so wonderful to finally hear his voice.. it was great hearing Corey / Candy / Stephen, after all. :D

Anyone else ever experience "reality lag?" As Spoz wrote in his blog:

"found this little article on the WIRED website.. piss funny little column on the notion of "reality lag," when.. after an extended lunatic session of playing computer games.. or wot'ever.. you re-enter reality.. only to be annoyed that the rules of the game world no longer apply.. you realise you can't kill people with rocket launchers in reality, only to have them respawn elsewhere 2 seconds later..

kinda reminds me of that time last year.. during my 2 month lunatic binge of song remastering.. I got so caught up in the insanity of EQ / compression / limiters.. etc.. that even when I got away from the computer and I wuz out somewhere.. drinking beer, catching a few bands.. there'd be my brain, desperate to EQ balance the reality.. coz I just KNEW it wuz off by a few frequencies.."

I'll read it later... I have to be out of here in ten minutes!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home