Friday, December 17, 2004

Candlelight service, welcoming people home, desserts galore, screw-ups, LOTR:EE, jokes

I had a good time tonight at the candlelight service.. it was a first for me. Eric joked around with me, as usual.. he told me not to be too aggressive when I hugged my sister next week, said he should have bonked me on the head with his water bottle instead of just pretending to, and then wondered why I was cackling. Gotta love that guy! :D

We hugged Dave to welcome him back home, and we said hi to Wayland and Becky since they'd also just gotten back from the holidays. Fidela, Megan, Jon, and Steph will all be back within the next few days.. I have missed my friends and siblings! Tracy thinks that Jon's a popular guy since Maxine wanted him to help tonight without knowing when he'd be back.. too true.

According to Christon, Justin bought $150 worth of desserts since he was really worried that there wouldn't be enough.. there were plenty of leftovers later on! The almond cheesecake wasn't too popular, but it kinda reminded me and Christon of different Chinese desserts. That Chinese grapefruit was good.. it's NOT a butt, however! ;) Someone had made mocha shortbread, which was interesting.. but the mocha overpowered the shortbread! Christon was already on a sugar high since he'd eaten a lot of cheesecake and other sweet things, anyhow! (and predicted he’d be up for a LONG time tonight because of it, too!)

Jackie sang O Holy Night at the service.. she sang a little too high in the first verse / chorus, so then made a very noticeable mistake in range. Eunice, Nathan, and I were discussing it with her later on: that could trump Erin's long-ago screwup! (Erin and Eunice were singing solos in the church kids choir once: Erin sang Eunice's verse instead, so they were laughing throughout the entire song afterwards.. Erin's brothers were making faces at her from the front row to start with, which didn't help!)

Some people were discussing a LOTR:EE get-together at Nathan's on Monday.. I asked Eric whether he'd give me a ride if he were going. (I need to get out of here, and do stuff with my friends) His answer was a joking: "Well, you're not anyone!" I asked Nathan about it, and he said anyone could come.. so then I gave Eric a LOOK, and he laughed it off. Ah, what can you do?

Finally got Phil's MSN name.. Eric, Phil, and I were discussing MSN and Trillian for a while. Chrystal said that she hadn't read anyone's blog yet, but had kept the email I'd sent her.. sounds good to me! Eric and I were discussing fetal kidnappings, music, Sunday plans, and my mom's weird ideas on the way home.... definitely love spending time with good friends! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home