Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Cards / Uni / My Christmas Movie / A special dictionary meme / "End of 2004" questions

I got cute Christmas cards from Mary and Candy today! :D



Yale
You're second best, and you know it. Still, those
riding the crimson wave may be slightly
smarter, slightly more prestigious, but you
know you're hipper. I mean, you're not hip --
you're a nerd, for fuck's sake -- but you're hipper.


Which Ivy League University is right for YOU?
brought to you by Quizilla






Your Christmas is Most Like: How the Grinch Stole Christmas





You can't really get into the Christmas spirit...
But it usually gets to you by the end of the holiday.





A very "special" dictionary. by lily22
Look up:
Definition:To study like a madman the night before a test, only to find out the next day in class that the test has been canceled; in law, the crime of assaulting a teacher for no apparent reason while fellow classmates are celebrating the sudden lack of a test.
Quiz created with MemeGen!


HAHAHAHAHAHA!


Reflections on 2004

These questions took me way too long to answer, so read them! :P

1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before? Travelled to the other side of the country, and used a phone card to call friends.

2. Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Didn't really make any, so there aren't any to break. I have enough disappointment in my life without that kind of thing going on, thanks. :P

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, but it'll happen next year.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit? None.

6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? Money.

7. What date from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 11 (the date that Pastor Glen had to resign), April 3 (the date when Stephen and I both came to certain realizations about each other), September 8 (leaving both my brother and sister behind), and September 27 (finally getting the new computer from Vernon!).

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being able to let go of certain past hurts.

9. What was your biggest failure? Relationships in general.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Not really.

11. What was the best thing you bought? The CD that I'm listening to! :D (Alexis On Fire's Watch Out!)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Toss-up between Corey and Eric Ho, for being there when I needed to vent / rant about my love life and other things.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Certain family members, Stephen, and certain people in church (especially after the aforementioned date in January).

14. Where did most of your money go? Food and books.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The new computer! :D

16. What song will always remind you of 2004? Too many songs.. let's see. Probably Matthew Good's Empty Road, because that's what I'm travelling sometimes.

17. Compared to this time last year, you are:
i. happier or sadder? Happier, now that I have new friends and a changed outlook.
ii. thinner or fatter? Probably I've put on a few pounds.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer, most definitely.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Spent more time with my RL friends.. oh, to drive!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Spent less money on stuff.

20. How will you be spending Christmas / Hanukah? Go to the CSC Christmas celebration at my church and help the Awana kids, then look after the kids while the service is going on. Go to some Chinese restaurant for lunch. Go home and maybe unwrap presents. Go to Dave's place for dinner with his family.

21. What was the most embarrassing thing that happened to you in 2004? Crying in front of a bunch of people I knew at church when I got emotional about January 11. (multiple times)

22. Did you fall in love in 2004? Jury's still out on that one.. I thought I did, at any rate. We'll see where this goes in the future and be cautious....

23. How many one-night stands? Zero.

24. What was your favorite TV program? CSI.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Hmm... that's a strong word, but anyone who's wronged me or my friends horribly is SO on that list!

26. What was the best book you read? Jon's The Pitch That Killed. Out of all the books I've read, I choose a baseball book.. go figure!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Merzbow / The Boredoms... gotta love that weird Japanese noise music, because it freaks people out! ;)

28. What did you want and get? Someone to call mine. :P

29. What did you want and not get? Understanding from certain people, as they take certain things way too personally sometimes. :P

30. What was your favorite film of this year? Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.. LOTR: ROTK was long! :P

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Turned 28, and spent the afternoon with Yazmine at Specialty Chicken and Wonton House / Richmond Centre. Bought books and a Bon Jovi CD for myself as a treat.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I would have LOVED to meet Candy and her family!

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004? I didn't have a fashion concept, at all.

34. What kept you sane? The unconditional love of my friends. :)

35. Which celebrity / public figure did you fancy the most? Did anyone with a sexy accent and nice eyes make the news this year? ;)

36. What political issue stirred you the most? Possibly the US election, and that was because of Corey's rantings over the issue.

37. Who did you miss? Nina Sahota, where are you?

38. Who was the best new person you met? Randal gets the honor, because I have already loaned him one of my books.. you know it's a good thing when I do that within a few months of knowing the person. Andy would count, except I think I technically met him last year. :P

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: Don't assume you know what someone else is talking about or thinking.. you could be sorely wrong about it, and it could have serious repercussions for all the people involved. Friendships and relationships will suffer from it.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: My life ain't no holiday / I've been through the Point of No Return. / I've seen what a man can do, / I've seen all the hate of a woman, too. (New Order's Vanishing Point)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home