Saturday, January 03, 2004

Stepho's and blasts from the past

we saw John Jugovic on the bus today, along with Salman..
I couldn't figure out how I knew Salman, but it clicked..
he used to live with me in that group home, Seaport..
but I moved out before it closed down for good, haha!
my siblings and I know John from our newspaper route days..
John spouted some pretty interesting opinions..
"they should take all the mad cow beef to Ethiopia!"
"you know, that club has too many guys.. I like my girls thin!"
very weird listening to him talk about this stuff..
especially since he's gained maybe 50 pounds himself!

the lunch at Stepho's was very good, and huge..
we met Erin and Margaret there and discussed New Year's..
(Margaret and nine shots of alcohol? oh my..)
church unity, school, the Canucks-Avs hockey game..
our plans for the day, tomorrow's plans before they flew out..
yup, we had a good time there just building relationships!

I went to Chapters later on, and spent time reading books..
one was on toxic relationships.. glad I escaped one ;)
of course, there are the other ones in my life that need work..
also read comic books, Ann Landers' letters to her daughter..
and a book on "Do It Anyway: the 10 Paradoxical Laws"..
naturally, this caused me to miss Fellowship again..
but I did see Steph and Melissa on the bus to church..

once there, we learned that Anita and Jeff are engaged..
they've only been going out a year or so..
but known for a long time that this is what they want..
everyone's very happy for them: no more fiasco / drama! ;)
Eunice is back in Fellowship now, too.. very good news!

we went to Red Robin's later, and saw Eric H. finally..
he's been in China visiting his girlfriend Fay..
they look so good together in their sticker pictures..
Eric thanked me for the Christmas ecard I'd sent him..
Nathan said there was a real one somewhere in his room..
also discussed road rage, the hockey game, the China trip..
English, relationship advice, the DAT, dentistry, etc.
quite a good time out.. made me forget personal troubles!
and that is always a very good thing indeed..
(now, if I can get my grandma to stop walking around..
or if I could get my siblings to stop mock-arguing :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Flami said...

Ha. We used to deliver the Richmond Review / Richmond Review. I recently saw you at the mall with your son, and you recognized ME. Heh... I'm Leslie.

Thursday, August 2, 2007 at 11:05:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home