Sunday, November 09, 2003

Swiss Chalet with the guys!

HILARIOUS QUOTES OF THE WEEK (2)

"What your brother wrote in her card makes him sound like he's two years old, dude!" -- Melia, reacting to Jon's written greetings in Vanessa's birthday card. (Sunday, Nov. 9) [he used very bad spelling and grammar.. it might have been on purpose :P]

"Hey, do you think it would be a good idea if I went to the schools in Mississippi or Alabama since they're so hick, and my smartness would improve them?" -- Sean, unfortunately not using the brains God gave him. (Sunday, Nov. 9) [no, because they'd lynch you immediately.. as per Brian :P]


had a good time at church today with everyone..
service actually ended on time, so we were early..
I saw Eunice, but didn't get a chance to talk to her..
should call her sometime this week to see how she is..
told Jessica that Jon would be proud to see her..
unfortunately, he wasn't around this week..
(also told Jen and Winnie where he was today)
everyone thanked me for their birthday cards..
Lesley said that I'm SO good with birthdays..
eh, it's what I do out of love for my friends!
Phil had a huge box of Tylenol Cold and Flu tablets..
they weren't for himself; they were for Cindy!

I went to lunch at the Swiss Chalet with the guys..
Brian, Sean, Eric, and I discussed a lot of stuff..
economics, currency, grandstanding, Denise's exam..
the perception of America in the rest of the world..
the morality of killing in war, affirmative action..
well-known schools in Canada and the US, sleep..
the Matrix, "darned if you do, darned if you don't"..
cops, the Civil War, bitterness, politics, etc.


on the way home, Eric decided to sing to me..
the Ride of the Valkyries is now stuck in my head..
Super Mario music.. (what various bits signified)
Sympathy for the Devil.. (he can't sing that high)
at least he didn't sing Butterball by Big Sugar!
(any other Big Sugar song would have been fine, though)

he gave me tips on improving my strange Aussie accent..
"say CRIKEY all the time like Steve Irwin does!"
somehow, I'm not that convinced it'll help..
bugged me about Homestar Runner, as well..
I keep meaning to check it out again, but never do..
we discussed plans and traffic, among other things..
definitely a good time with one of my fave people!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home