Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Funeral services and hanging with Eric H.

the funeral service was in Chinese, so I understood half of it..
Jon and I talked to Phil about life and books..
what's the significance of sprinkling dust on the casket?
it's to do with the "ashes to ashes, dust to dust" saying..
(thanks to Vernon for this information)
all this time, I thought it was a chance to say a final goodbye..
well, maybe it's that too.. I don't know a lot about it..
nice to learn something more around the rituals we do..

lunch took a really long time, so we called Nate and Eric..
Nate provided us with Eric's cell number in time..
Eric and I would have been late for the movie..
so once again, we decided to hang out instead..
(one of these times, we'll actually see a planned movie!)
we hung out here, and talked about a bunch of things..
yes, I did indeed make him sign the blue guestbook..
it's good to have friends who you can talk to..
even about weirdly important life current stuff ;)
crashed at Jon's place before, and crashed here now..
yep, I definitely do like that dynamic that went on!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home