Wednesday, July 02, 2003

We got the 2010 Games!

WE GOT THE 2010 GAMES!!! :)

didn't quite make it till 8:50 AM..
(which was the bid announcement time)
went to about 4:15 AM, then slept a couple hours..
so how did I manage to stay up till 4:15 AM?
talking to Corey (who helped me with something, and provided me with humor.. thanks!) and a couple others, popping bubble wrap, surfing the Web, listening to Matt Good's Avalanche, reading stuff, watching Sportsnet..

decided to get at least a couple hours sleep in..
got up at 6:30, then found out that the winner of the Olympic bid wouldn't be announced for a couple of hours yet..
so then I went back to bed..


had a dream involving:

a bunch of my friends (Citrus, Danielle, Anita, etc.)
a huge bookstore (with books that don't even exist, like The Tenth Anniversary Edition of the Outlander Companion, a bunch of Simpsons comics, and stuff like that)
an autistic little girl and her "savage child" brother (both fair-haired and fair-skinned)
seeing a particular negative force in my life naked (though I was averting my eyes at the sight, maybe this is what I need to shake him off.. yucky as it was)
seeing police cars at someone's house


I got up at around 10:30, and watched TV..
the very first thing on Sportsnet was the bid..
definitely great to find out we won! :)
Salzburg was supposed to be our main rival..
but then got eliminated on the first voting round..
actually, Pyeongchang was three votes from winning there..
and they were supposed to be the underdogs!

the first round went like this:
Vancouver, 40 votes; Pyeongchang, 51 votes; Salzburg, 16 votes
the second round then went like this:
Vancouver, 56 votes; Pyeongchang, 53 votes; Salzburg eliminated
(which meant that all but two of Salzburg's original votes went to Vancouver, as well as the votes of two people who didn't vote in the first round)

so close to elimination, yet we got it..
I think I'll celebrate in my own way later..
and I probably will go back to bed..
but not now, as I'm not sleepy yet ;)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home