Tuesday, July 01, 2003

Decision Day for 2010 Olympics

well, tomorrow is decision day.. (Winter 2010 Olympics)
since everything's happening in Prague..
the decision will be made at about 6:30 AM or so..
so do I stay up, or hear about it hours later?
"just turn on the radio or your TV," the paper says..
(if you're not lucky enough to get tickets to the GM Place event)

I *could* stay up, but then I'd be totally fried..
don't know if I have enough caffeine around for it..
(no, I'm not going to the one-litre bubble tea place NOW..
and I don't drink coffee that often, anyhow..)
maybe I'll settle for hearing about it later..
since I do that for just about everything else..


so the three bidding cities are:

Vancouver (yay, us!)
Salzburg, Austria (Mozart's birthplace? not sure..)
Pyeongchang, South Korea (no idea here..)


not sure how I feel about this whole thing..
it might be good for the city and tourism..
but then there's all the cash spent on it..
which could go to something more worthwhile..
(Downtown Eastside, health and education, etc.)
there'll be a lot of work if we do get the A-OK..
guess we'll see in about 12 hours and change..
Winter 2010 Olympics is a BIG event, dude! ;)

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home