Sunday, July 27, 2003

Making fun of both my parents, church as a distraction

indeed a very nice selection this week..
I get to make fun of both my parents ;)


HILARIOUS QUOTES OF THE WEEK (4)

"Isn't Sylvester a dog?" -- my dad, overhearing our discussion of Phil's friend Silvester. (Sunday, July 20) [no.. shouldn't everyone know from watching Looney Tunes that he's a CAT?]

"THIS is the wedding invitation?!" -- my mom, referring to a torn-out piece of paper that I'd written the Christian Reformed Church address on for Brad and Natalie's wedding. (Friday, July 25) [no, of COURSE not.. that would be the extreme in ultra-low-budget weddings, which they did NOT have!]

"You know, if my arm became separated from my body somehow.. they wouldn't be able to say: "This belongs to her," because I'm quasi-Filipino!" (NOT a racist statement!) -- Dianne, being morbid and also typically hyper. (Sunday, July 27) [yes, the skin on your arms is darker / more tanned because you're really pale otherwise.. we get it]

"What? General audience / G-rated hanky-panky?!" -- Nathan to Adela, me, Citrus, and Danielle. (Sunday, July 27) [he hears stuff about hanky-panky all the time from old people.. we were having this great discussion about hugging and affection]


church was definitely a distraction..
Sarah's parents were in town..
little Jennifer gave me a hug..
talked to a bunch of my friends..
Joe W. had another temper tantrum over the usual..
("KEEP THE SIDEWALKS *CLEAR*, PEOPLE!!!!")
Alan had ACL surgery, so was on crutches again..
Ethan and Seren were so cute, as always..
Sandra had a baby boy.. (too bad I don't have my DB)
people actually miss me, and read / want my emails..
I think I might really mean something to people ;)
(yes, I am also "the person who has [almost] everything" :P)

every time I've checked my email inbox this weekend..
the thing has invariably contained ten messages..
but next time I check, it'll have more than that..
how do I know? can you say "email is inaccessible again?"
it's been less than a week since I took someone's advice..
shouldn't be happening yet again.. aiya!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home