Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Connie and Jenny / Parental annoyances

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CONNIE.. I hope you have a good one today! :) You've been a good friend to me, and may you enjoy the time you have with Dennis before he leaves for New Brunswick all too soon.. we'll certainly miss him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JENNY.. I hope you have a great one today! :) I've always appreciated your friendship through the years.

for those of you who don't know..
Connie and Jenny are sisters, but not twins..
they were born two years apart..
not at the same hour or anywhere close to it..
and their parents aren't doctors..
Jenny used to get Connie to do things for her as a kid..
"you're my birthday present, so you *have* to!"
she and Winnie would tie Connie up, leaving her on the roof..
ah, childhood memories that can be used later as stories ;)


so.. what else to put today? I'm not entirely sure at all..
but yesterday's conversations were cheerfully distracting..
they provided consolation, humor, and distraction..
plans, guns, Bowling for Columbine, TV formats..
just the thing to take my mind off the parental stress!
(at least, for now.. don't know about later on, of course)

just reminded my brother on MSN about Dad's birthday card..
suppose we have to give it to him, no matter my feelings..
heck, I was feeling very ambivalent on Father's Day too..
it's late now too, as his birthday was yesterday.. oh well :P
he'll have to live with it.. I think last year's card was also late..
at least we know where the card is.. safe by the computer!
(safe from his accidentally picking it up before it's been signed..
he did that with the Father's Day card.. Jon left it on the stairs)

nothing much exciting going on this week..
I think Monday was the highlight of it so far..
(that was certainly a fun, interesting time out)
Friday should provide a refreshing break, as well..
Fellowship, time with friends, eating out, talking..
Saturday should be good as far as a break goes..
Natalie and Brad's wedding, and Yazmine's birthday party..
Sunday might be a good day too.. guess I'll have to see..

I don't think I can avoid stramash, since clashes happen..
despite what they say, these things are NOT all my fault..
I wouldn't know how to make them happy..
their expectations definitely do NOT help me!
is this a "trial and tribulation" sent to test me?
if so, I've probably proven myself very unworthy..
in this crucible of fire, I've burnt and singed myself extremely..
saying what I think to them would likely earn me more of it..
as cathartic as it would be, I'm not sure I'll do that..

too many arguments, too much history, too much everything..
54-40's new song is Wish I Knew.. that about sums it up..
and I can certainly cite Hebrews 13:8 to you..
"the same yesterday, today, and forever"
this certainly isn't something with closure or resolution :P
(or at least, that which doesn't involve non-existence)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home