Sunday, July 20, 2003

Keg dinner, gelato, speaking German to Grandma, and Josh (Spocko)

the Keg steak dinner was quite good..
my grandma actually is pretty good with a knife and fork..
(for someone who doesn't use them that often)
even though she didn't like the dinner concept..
(she dismissed it as: "aiya! si chan!")
but she looked really happy to have her son in town :)

later, we went to La Casa Gelato.. (Commercial / Venables)
there were SO many people at the gelato place..
I had mangosteen and cantaloupe gelato this time..
my brother amused himself by speaking German to Grandma..
(who of course said, "speak Chinese, not German!")
it was kinda funny to see her incomprehension ;)

things are a go for tomorrow with me and my friend Josh (Spocko)..
it'll certainly be very interesting stuff..
not sure yet what we'll do, but eh..
I'll keep you posted on things here, so no worries ;)
(Corey: thanks for the advice, but I don't think it's necessary!)


My brother asked me to please get Grandma's attention. Once she was paying attention to him, he said this to her in German: "Hello, how are you? My name is Jon. What's your name?" He thought it would be amusing, but her reaction (after my sister got a translation of "he's talking in German" from our mom) was: "Aiya! You should speak Chinese and not German!" (he IS taking German this summer, but still...)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home