Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Visiting with Josh G.

Well, my friend Josh got through the border earlier than expected. Sat around my place trying to decide what to do.. he didn't have any plans other than getting here all right and seeing me, so he didn't care what we did. Gotta love friends with big trucks!

We went to Red Robin's for lunch (getting confused along the way since my sense of direction's not that great), then happened on the gelato place by accident. No, I am NOT a freak for going there twice in less than 18 hours! ;) We talked about existing inside text boxes, what it would be like to have three computers all connected to the outside world, and a bunch of other things. He had a pen mark on his forehead somehow, which I told him about when he asked. Burgers can be messy, but it was a good way of getting to know each other!

Then we went to Yaohan (an Asian mall in Richmond), so he could see a bigger Asian supermarket. Also introduced him to bubble tea.. he's still debating whether he likes it or not. The pearls get in the way of the drink, he says.. oh well. ;)

After that, he was in serious need of some Mountain Dew in order to make him feel more awake.. so we went to Lansdowne Mall's Safeway. We walked around that mall, then went to Richmond Centre for some more mall-walking.

Afterwards, we went to my place again since the malls around here close at 6 on Mondays, and waited till we were hungry enough to go out to dinner. We just talked, played with my rubberband ball and my card deck, read books, and mainly chilled. Pretty good stuff, I'd say. :)

I'm definitely in a good mood now. My friend Josh and I went to Tsim Chai for dinner last night. Turns out it was a cash-only establishment, so I cheerfully paid for dinner as he only had debit. (I insisted he keep the leftovers of noodles and hot and sour soup as well.. neither of us cared who got it, even though I paid for it) After that, he drove me home at 9:15.. I told him to message me when he got home. He showed up about an hour and a quarter afterwards.. that was pretty good time, I think. The border people didn't really harass him about the hot and sour soup, either: no beef, just chicken and such! ;)

(good thing we didn't do this visit today if I didn't have night school.. people are going to Seattle for the Manchester United / Glasgow Celtic game, and I hear there's a two-hour wait going southbound)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home