Sunday, June 01, 2003

Asking questions, "too handsome" pictures, plastic bags, "Hit your butt!"

now that I'm at home.. I can do the quote tally:

HILARIOUS QUOTES OF THE WEEK (4)

"(you should keep a tally of how many times you ask me, "read blog?" or "check my blog.. I think it's busted..") .. you'd almost think you had a webcounter on it or something.." -- Spoz, suggesting blog advice. (Tuesday, May 27) [I don't think I ask him such things THAT often, so a tally wouldn't really be justifiable.. and no, I do NOT have a webcounter or anything similar on this site.. it's just that he's the one person I really trust as far as checking blog for weird stuff goes :P]

"people from Asian countries seem to think that my picture is too handsome to be real or whatever :P" -- Corey, telling me how some people react to his picture when he sends it to them. (Friday, May 30) [he emailed it to me, and while it DOES look handsome.. I don't know about it not being real, or about it being a cutout from a magazine coz the photo quality is too poor]

"Quick! Do we have any plastic bags? There's all this dog shit in the grass, and we don't want the kids to step in it!" -- Zoe's mom, during the Awana picnic. (Saturday, May 31) [she said this (no censoring herself) in a medium-loud voice, with 50+ children within hearing distance.. she's from Hong Kong, and we seriously suspect that she learned her English from the movies :P] (Note: We also kept the kids from seeing the gay people in the park.. rainbow flags and such from a distance might not be TOO bad, but the man-woman taking off his / her shirt and going topless to cheers from that group? No way, man! This was a church function.. wouldn't want the kids going home corrupted, after all. Thank God they left before we did. :P)

"Somehow, I don't think "Hit your butt!" would be an appropriate thing to say to Mrs. Wu." -- Jon to Steph, commenting on the second Mandarin phrase she learned from Becky.. and on our dad's opinion that she should speak Mandarin to this lady in the church because she was fluent in it herself. (Sunday, June 1) [talking with people in order to practice and improve your fluency in another language is all very well and good.. but at least be careful of what you say! :P]

no, I'm NOT including any embarrassing stories from Friday night.. so you're outta luck on that front :P

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home