Friday, February 14, 2003

Memphis Blues Singles Night Out... I sound like a sexy frog!

For those of you wondering where I'd got to last night (as I was clearly not online), I was having a hilarious time out with my friends (Citrus, Jon, Justin L., Nathan, Danielle, and Kevin) at the Memphis Blues Singles Night Out. The $60 Elvis platter (with ALL kinds of meat on it) was barely enough food for the seven of us; Danielle wished she'd brought her camera and hair clip (her hair smelled like ribs for the rest of the night); we made fun of Edmonton / Calgary / Alberta in general; we had a hilarious discussion about grease, spitting, licking, and other related things (no, not what you're thinking of); and the guys did "the final act" after we'd finished. Combining BBQ sauce, beans, potato, salad, coleslaw, hot sauce, and green Tabasco sauce.. oh my!

After dinner, we went to hang out a bit at Nathan's house.. then went to see Shanghai Knights. (I originally wanted to go home and watch ER, but when I realized that this would be an episode where Sally Field makes a recurring appearance as a gibbering loon, I decided not to) We got our tickets an hour and a half early, so we just wandered round the mall. Some stores were still open, like a Chinese video / DVD shop, and this awesome glow-in-the-dark store. (they had a giant lumi ball on sale for about $2500, originally $6200.. time passed so fast in there; we were only in there for six minutes, but it seemed like longer) Yes, Nathan remembered my thing about escalators, so that was cool. (stairs and stuff instead, man)

Quite a fun night out.. I sounded like a croaky frog most of the night, though. Today, I sound like some sexy siren with a deep, husky voice. (as a couple of people have found out already.. and what's with that sexy impression thing when you're sick?) I'm not going out tonight, but what next tomorrow? Will I sound like a combination of the two? (a sexy frog.. yay!) Who knows.

Oh, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, NAI-CHIU! It's been great serving with you in Awana, and I hope you have a great day! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home