Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Memphis Blues Singles Night Out, the concept

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, EDDIE! It's been great knowing you, and I hope you have a great day! :) No more (eateries devoted to) soya sauce chicken foot Slurpees though, eh? ;) (either sticking a soya sauce chicken foot into the Slurpee, or getting it to actually taste like soya sauce chicken foot.. eeeeeewwww...)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEOFFREY! Hope you're having a good time in Hong Kong.. I occasionally hear about you from Dawn. Have a great day, and God Bless! :)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JORDAN.. it's been great seeing you in Awana and church! Have a fun day! :)

Got an email from my brother about an idea he and Nathan have come up with to celebrate Valentine's: the Memphis Blues singles night out. Heck, we won't (have to) be going to fancy restaurants, buying chocolates, etc. So why not have a great time out together with other single friends at a Southern BBQ joint on Thursday? I think that's a super idea, and at least a few other people we know are onboard with the idea.

However, Yazmine isn't.. she says she would if it was on Friday, but once I informed her that it was on Thursday at around 5, she didn't want to go. Apparently, she's got an "appointment" with her dad to go to a Starbucks and use a coupon that expires on Friday. Um... yay? Since it's on Thursday anyway, she doesn't really feel like relaxing with us after she works. We'll be smiling, laughing, making conversation.. which is stuff she doesn't want to do in a restaurant. I *do* understand her wanting to spend time with her dad, but if what we're doing isn't relaxing.... go figure. When I told my brother, he said: "THAT's not relaxing? What?!?" Don't ask ME.. that's what she said. Oh well... at least *our* group will have fun! ;)

On another note, I think I'm getting sick.. not related to what I posted about yesterday. Maybe I hung around sick people a little too long on the weekend.. I have a slight fever, and a bit of a sore throat. Hope I feel better by Thursday afternoon.. feeling sick and going out to dinner would SO not be good..

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home