Sunday, February 02, 2003

Band trips, hockey games, and more!

Same as the previous notes post. :P

Man, I'd forgotten about "boyfriend days" until reading this...

Thursday, April 25, 1991.

Renit,

I HATE THIS CLASS AND THE TEACHER!!! Mr. Johnson is so stupid!!!

I mean, like, what the HELL is wrong with saying hello to your FRIEND in class?!

Also, my sister thinks that a day when I have classes with the main four boys I tell them (Jonathan and Stephanie) about is a "boyfriend day." These boys are not my boyfriends, nor do we plan to be married. So why do my brother and sister think we DO love each other? They are very weird.

The main boys I tell them about: Joe Downer (who hasn't been here all week), Ryan Holmes, Jaime Latchford, and Jamie Reynolds. [aside from Nick, which I crossed out: "Nick Krusek and Paul McMahon!"]

And also, the so-called "boyfriend days" -

A. When we start with Blk. A: English, Science (JL / JR), Band (JL / JD / RH), Socials (RH), P.E. (JD)
B. Or when we start with Blk. B: Science (JL / JR), Band (JL / JD / RH), Socials (RH), P.E. (JD), French

And... I've known Ryan's timetable since yesterday. Here is his timetable as opposed to mine:

RYAN
Blk. A: Jazz Band
Blk. B: English
Blk. C: Band
Blk. D: Socials
Blk. E: French
Blk. F: Math
Blk. G: P.E.
Blk. H: Science

LESLIE
Blk. A: English
Blk. B: Science
Blk. C: Band
Blk. D: Socials
Blk. E: P.E.
Blk. F: French
Blk. G: Spanish
Blk. H: Math

See some major and minor differences. Also, see that we have Band and Socials classes together.



In hindsight, making a comment to Joe about his face wasn't the best idea. He came from Australia, which we ALL thought was VERY HOT! Wish I could say I'm sorry... he had lots of friends a grade below us, too.

Did you see Joe's face?! Wednesday, May 1, 1991.

Renit:

You know Joe Downer?! That's good. Oh, by the way, did you see his face? I asked him about it in P.E. yesterday afternoon and he said: "Oh, I forgot to wash my face this morning. Isn't it horrible?" I think he was only joking. Besides, I just don't believe him - how about you? Is he in any classes of yours? He's in my Band and P.E. classes. Write me back down here!!!

P.S. Geometry drives me nuts.
P.P.S. You know what else drives me nuts? Nick singing in class.
P.P.P.S. Write me back on Friday! (down here, remember?)



Concert Band stuff - good times and nostalgia!

Music Fest! Monday, May 6, 1991.

Renit,

We're doing things very quickly in the Concert Band. There are three main things this month: Showcase for MusicFest 1991 (tonight), Nationals (May 15-19... we're playing on the 15th), and the trip (May 26-whatever). Mr. From says the showcase is "one of the most poorly-organized concerts I have ever been associated with." Reasons why? I'll give you three: where to set up / warm up / whatever, where to put our instrument cases, and the order of the program. Note on Reason #3: At least we're on first.



Ah, terrible marks!

Monday, May 13, 1991.

Renit:

DO NOT SHOW THIS TO NICK!!!

Why? He keeps on reading your notes. Besides, I'm writing him a note too. I am not telling anybody what I got on this test, at least not now. I'll tell you my percentage, though. I failed utterly, although I did better on this test than the other one.

Test #1: 14.2% Test #2: 22.2%

By the way, what did you get on the tests?

Guess what time we're leaving on the 26th. 6! Not in the evening (oh no), but in the morning. I shall have to get up at 4:45 or 5 that day.

I watched Swiss Family Robinson over the weekend. It's a good movie. Have you seen it before? Write me back, okay?



Same day, different note.

Nick,

Since you keep on reading my notes to Renit (even since that reminder on April 10 to stop doing that), I thought it would only be fair to write you a note if you STILL want a note that badly! (even since that last one I wrote you on April 10)

Long sentence, eh? It took eight lines and 51 words to express myself.

I got 22.2% on the test we just marked, which is better than I did on the last one. (14.2%) What do you have in French? [aside from Nick: "C+ 67%"]I have a C+ now (boo hoo), but least I'm passing. Not like Socials (D), Science (E), and Math (E).



Yay, Band!

Tag-team effort! Wednesday, May 15, 1991.

Nick,

Once again, I shall have to leave for something related to Band - the Nationals at Canada Place the Vancouver Trade and Convention Centre! That is, after homeroom. We are leaving by bus at about 11 today. Do without me for most of the day! Ha ha ha!

Sorry, but there is a longer period of time in the near future (approx. two weeks) (approx. 12 days) that you'll have to do without me for. That will be our Band trip to Calgary and Edmonton from May 26 to May 31. Six days! Well, actually a whole week! Ha ha ha!

P.S. What do you have in French? [Nick: "67%"] {Renit: "75%"}
P.P.S. Do you like music? [Nick: "No."] {Renit: "No."}
P.P.P.S. This is a killer note, isn't it? [Nick: "NO!"] {Renit: "Of course!"}
P.P.P.P.S. Show this to Renit.



You can tell I'm excited about THIS trip!

Friday, May 24, 1991.

Renit (and Nick Turner),

Don't tell Mr. Johnson, but I'll be away all of next week because we (the Concert Band) will be touring Alberta! Great news, huh? Some people aren't going, like my friend Nick. (no, not YOU, Nick Turner... Nick Krusek!!!)Why, you may ask? His parents thought it was too expensive ($350), of course. Who wouldn't? Namely, we were going to Calgary (snowing) and Edmonton (raining).

We're staying at the Relax Inn. Three concerts, West Edmonton Mall activities, two museums, and guided tours (plus LONG bus rides with Joe Downer supposedly bothering me all the way) are in the itinerary, among other things. I'm rooming with Trisha Cullis - who, as of Tuesday, doesn't know if she's going or not!

I hope you can read this. I'm so excited that my writing is getting messy - and Eunice's pen is going to run out soon if I keep writing in such a frenzy!



Ah, hockey discussion with Troy Sorel... good times!

Saturday, October 5, 1991.

Troy,

Stop bugging me about the color of my binders and whether they match with what I'm wearing, what color pen I'm using, etc., okay? How about some hockey talk after so long? My sister says Allan Bester sucks. Do you agree? By the way, get this: The name of the hockey rink in San Jose (Sharks, the major league's first true expansion team since the 70s) is... the COW PALACE! Do you think the Canucks are going to make a comeback this year? How about the Nordiques? (ha ha) My sister calls the Nordiques the NORDICKS. You know the Upper Deck hockey cards? My brother's friend Hafiz Karmali calls them Up-My-Dick hockey cards. Oh well, it's been great to talk about hockey after so long, but it's getting late, so I'll sign off here.

P.S. The Canucks spoiled the Sharks' debut! Ha ha! Highlights of the Sharks' first home-at-home game:

* shots on goal: 52-22 (the Canucks beleaguered Jeff Hackett with 52 shots)

* a FANTASTIC goal by Trevor Linden at 19:41 of the third period

* Canucks led 3-0 going into the third period, then got complacent. The Sharks made a comeback, and it looked as if the game was doomed for OT. For the rest, refer to #2.

P.P.S. Tell Dave to stop being so racist!



This is where I try to explain "Nick and Paul" to Troy and Dave Powell - my opinion of Auntie Christine has drastically changed. I think it had to do with teenage angst and the APATHY experienced about HAVING TO PRACTICE PIANO!

Nick and Paul... two sets of them! Monday, October 28, 1991.

Troy and Dave (mainly Troy),

I really should be doing homework, but as I have a spot of free time now (over at my piano teacher's house waiting for my lesson), I thought I'd write. By the way, my teacher is an absolute BITCH! This note may be barraged with some meanings.

One: Troy, I do not laugh so much as you might think.
Two: Do NOT believe Eric Reykdal when he says that I talk to rocks in P.E. That day, I was thinking aloud about my friends Nick and Paul, and some incidents in early Band rehearsal.

By the way... when I say "Nick and Paul," they were NOT who you think they are! (namely, Nick Turner and Paul Gallagher!) Nick and Paul are Nick Krusek and Paul McMahon. Do not ask WHY we are friends, but I will give you a list of various things we have in common:

* we all like music
* we're all in Concert Band (early Band rehearsal)
* our lockers are on all the "North End," so to speak
* sometimes we eat lunch together
* we talk together before school and at breaks pretty regularly
* we have to put up with Mrs. Bush
* some of the teachers we have to (or have had to) put up with that we have (or have had) in common are (or were): Mrs. Bush, Mr. Raddysh, Mr. Fromager, Mr. Claridge, Mrs. Tijman, Mrs. Grafton, and Mr. Knapp
* when we eat lunch together, we have to put up with certain people (Adam, Darren, Thomas, and Mike) trying to have a semi-food fight with us
* we all know Tchaikovsky's music
* and some more stuff (like how we all laugh at least once per day together)

Well, enough of that.

Three: I do NOT memorize hockey games the way I do student numbers. So there!

Well, it's time for my lesson with THE BITCH! See ya later, if I survive!



To round out this entry, here's one from Consumer Education 10. Yes, this guy's real name was Pepsi. Not sure what nationality "Sarai" is as a last name... East Indian, maybe... I'm pretty sure I'm wrong!

Wednesday, November 13, 1991.

Ann,

Please tell Pepsi to stop mumbling because it does not facilitate a very good habit!

P.S. Pepsi, you are not going to take my quarters. If you do, you shall pay $2 interest (compounded monthly) on them!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home