Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hockey sticks, having my hypothesis proved RIGHT, MEMBERS, and random books

Eric picked us up pretty much on time, and we were off to SportsChek to look at a bunch of hockey sticks which were on sale. After he selected two plus some hockey tape (I saw some "Sex Wax"), we went to the Pho place. Saw Jeremy reading an accounting book on a bench outside, so got a story from him about how he'd rearranged his class sections / homework to go to this dinner - NICE! When Nathan entered the restaurant, he said Danielle had told him around midnight that she couldn't make it since something else had come up. We were talking about interesting things (the combos!) when my parents and grandma showed up, quickly followed by my sister. Thank goodness my parents didn't ask Teunis any "interesting" questions since I guess it was evident that he already knew everyone else at the table! (I agree with what he said later about my mom's behavior being BETTER) Talked about FRINGE, hockey, the Grouse Grind, interesting stories, new cameras with video recorders, money, Nathan leaving again on Sunday for the UK / coming back for Christmas, attempted taunting, Fort St. John, bar fights, cops, SCA stuff, Jordan, Robin, glutinous rice balls, flour, dumplings, drums, good subs, salad rolls, spring rolls, "sallad / appertizers / COCK / desert," soda with egg (Nate's favorite), durian, and more. It was pretty funny when Jeremy referred Steph to WANG ON BLINDS for her furniture / household needs, HAHAHAHAHA! Yes, we are twelve years old. :P

After making money / ride arrangements (of course I thanked Grandma!), we were off to the townhouse. (discussing UBC underwater hockey, Andrew's ex-wife who threw things at him, Teresa, tomorrow, and other stuff on the way) My previous hypothesis in terms of FAKE seemed to hold true, thank goodness. Talked about mooncake, the MUPPET SHOW, "Wakka-Wakka!" and Fozzie Bear, handbags, accents, more funny / interesting stories, Robert / Alicia / Kaili / Krista / being sweet, money, poor Grandma's panic attack when Mom and Dad took her to see the hospice (and its cost), Italy, Jon and Harmony / dessert / chocolate, Rachel Ray, Mom cooking a lot for Steph's party on Sunday, hot cops, RED DWARF, TWO FAT LADIES, cooking, and more. At least things seemed all right, haha. Apparently, Grandma was protesting my brother's absence by staying upstairs even though his friends were there! I took a pill up to her and said to remember to take it, heh. On the way home, we made MEMBER jokes / "strap-on" and "snap-off" jokes (my "snap-off sounds PAINFUL!" got a ton of laughs!) - it was a fun discussion. :D


TOTAL HAUL: Eric gave me a $25 Chapters gift card (I'll probably use it on THE EXILE); Grandma gave me $20; Mom and Dad gave me Cherry Berry Splash Icebreaker Sours, cheese twists, cheese chips, Cheese Nips, Frosted Cherry Toast 'Em Popups, whole smoked oysters in teriyaki sauce, pink salmon, light tuna, browned beans, fruit cocktail, two packages of miso, jalapeno cheese slices, a journal, coffee mug, pink pants, a leaf candle (promptly given indirectly to Kaili), Honey Nut Scooters (cereal), seaweed, fruit-flavored Mike & Ikes, four packages of Doublemint gum (to the kids!), Pho dinner, dessert with blueberry cheesecake / dragonfruit / biscotti / watermelon / coffee; and Nathan gave me This Book Warps Space and Time: Selections from The Journal of Irreproducible Results (Norman Sperling) / The Guinea Pig Diaries: My Life as an Experiment (A.J. Jacobs) - pretty good for the most part!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home