Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Greek food and CITY OF LOST CHILDREN

Steph called this afternoon and said that she thought she might pick me up. Since I was planning to leave in ten minutes' time, I opted to go with her. We went to Shoppers first since she needed to get something, so I got a birthday card and a Mother's Day card for Mom - I saw Milk Duds (with caramel!) and a new Pringles chips Extreme flavor (Smoking Hot Ranch), so I had to get those as well. Then we went to the townhouse, where Jon was teaching... ten minutes before we left, Grandma offered me an apple. I had to eat half of it since she didn't understand that we'd be having Greek food for dinner very soon. I recognized the restaurant by its menu: I'd been there with my parents, Uncle Reuben, and Auntie Christine last summer! ROAST LAMB was good, and we had to review the pronunciation of "souvlaki" with Mom. She was also confused by the "Happy Unbirthday!" which I put on the card - Dad understood it, haha.

Discussed housing, plans, the States, crowded houses, Starbucks, a real estate person that my dad knows, Mom being Asian (she doesn't like lamb, yet ordered lamb souvlaki anyway since it was the same price as the chicken), tzatziki, hummus, whole-wheat stuff, Grandma NOT EATING RICE at lunch, and more. After that, we walked to Timothy's Frozen Yogurt - definitely a good way to cap off the dinner! Jon and I talked for about five minutes before he left to go to the library - I had my book, so waiting for Teunis wasn't that bad. (I'll give it to someone later)

Went to Erik's, and found everyone deciding what to have for dinner. I realized that Lucy (the dog) could smell the meat on me when she kept licking my hand. No big deal! Returned the vampire book to him, talked to Lindsay, had tea, learned the Canucks had won 2-1 against St. Louis (I *loved* Jonathan's score updates on Facebook later!), hugged Alicia hello, and was introduced to the people I didn't know. Gave the chili-cherry coulis chocolate and a birthday card to Teunis, which he seemed to like. After some time, we settled in to watch CITY OF LOST CHILDREN - multiple cloned Santas, old man stealing kids' dreams, young feisty girl, two evil ladies forcing orphans to steal, and more. There were some creepy parts to it, but it was more weird than anything! Afterwards and on the way home, we discussed birthday parties / drinking / Jordan / alcohol / geeky stuff / my church / Chinese Time / Viking Time / mead. Good times. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home