Monday, November 10, 2008

You put beer in the cheesecake?! OH MY!

When Eric picked me up, I told him that my life was tranquil, and that was the way I liked it! We discussed reading the business names on Main St., among other things. Then we got onto Fellowship stuff - we know the Missions Conference is postponed, so have no idea what we're doing Friday. Got to Jeremy's, where it was the usual good times. Ray greeted Eric unconventionally, but settled for a smile and nod to me. Then he went out "to study Jews," heh. We discussed the Magic Free Bra, which was STILL there! Sure, we could give it to Jon in a couple of weeks... but maybe not to Chung for a combination birthday / Christmas present! ("Hey, what are you saying about my wife?!") Wouldn't give it to a random girl who didn't know the backstory (like Jen does), hahaha.

Jeremy took out a couple of LIFE magazines from 1981 (his mom's idea of a cool Christmas present), and marveled at how all the cigarette companies boasted about how their product had the lowest tar in their ads! (one even boasted "ultra-low tar!") The VCR / "saving energy" / booze ads were also amusing - the articles provided secondary entertainment, haha. Discussed two girlfriends, Joyce, Vivian, the unclear sermon today, whether it was the right thing to do to cut off contact with one person entirely (I'm right in my case :P), and other interesting things before dinner. Christon nominated Nate to say grace because he made a remark about how Grace was taken ("you can do the grace..." "NO!") - "do you want to break up a happy marriage?!" [we tried 9.1% alcohol Great Hercules Double IPA - sure, it's bitter!]

Things went rather quickly into the gutter, thanks to Christon making a remark about peanuts (for the Pad Thai) - Jon and I misheard it as something else entirely, and snorted at pretty much the same time. Nobody else heard it as what we did, so Nathan commented that it wasn't HIM this time! Well, no... but then Christon had to make a comment about how something was rooted and twisted. Everyone groaned at THAT image! ("Nathan should have spent less time praying about people and the food, and more time - at least five minutes - over our conversation!") The seafood chowder stock was very good, and this Pad Thai won't make me have gastro problems! (I remember someone puked after having Boston Pizza's Pad Thai...) Noticed that Johnny had the same socks and lip balm as someone else... and Austin F.'s picture / name reminds me of that person too! Yikes. :P

Asked Jon about Stateside trips - I guess I can look after Grandma and be useful that way. Spent some time discussing economy and long building projects (over a decade unbuilt in Kelowna?), plus our own new church building. From what I gathered, we weren't going to get a permit because the inspector had already made up his mind! Jon declared that he had put Rasputin beer in the homemade cheesecake - $13 for it?! Oh my, that's more expensive than the rest of the meal put together! I read Nathan's GRE workbook for fun (hey, he was working on his American application - we're GEEKS), and Jeremy figured I already knew all the words in the verbal section. (exacerbated, assuage, etc.) Pretty much, haha - it's good to have actual intelligent discussion, after all. That is what I missed! Eventually, we all had to leave - good times talking about ethnicity / Asians / Americans, especially if Nathan thinks I have a better memory than he does. (says Jeremy and I could take the GRE for him since J has a logic background!)


Mishearings on the way home:

1. Eric, to me: "You are crazy - have you looked in the mirror?"
Me: "EWWWW!"
Eric: "What?!"
Me: "Did you just say something about ear-licking?!"
Eric: "No... CREATIVE HEARING! I said LOOK IN THE MIRROR!"
Jon: "Are you sure you're not going deaf?"
Me: "Maybe!"

2. Eric: "This is the restaurant where they serve the people of one ethnicity first before the other people who came in BEFORE them! Or were you there that time?" [Noodle House on Granville / 67th]
Me: "I dunno... it's been a long time since I've been to this branch!" [Jon comes back from returning a technically-overdue library book at Marpole]
Eric: "When were you here last?"
Me: "The time I had to borrow the Wedding MC book for Steph!" [April?]
Eric: "Why did she have to borrow the wedding MC book?"
Me: ".... EWWWW!" (yes, I say that a lot :P)
Eric: "What?!"
Me: "Did you just say WANG book?!"
Eric: "... NO! I said WEDDING!"
Me: "Okay, because THAT is an activity in which I won't partake for some time!" (I wasn't going to say this... but figured it should slip out, haha)
Jon: "Uh... what?"
Me: "Never mind... I had to borrow the book for Melia and Angus' wedding!"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home