Saturday, October 11, 2008

The germs WON'T automatically die!

High-scoring words of the night so far:

WRIT (140 points) - against Laura F. [5W, 4W]
INANER (300 points) - against Darryl K. [2W, two 5W]


Henry and I took an hour to reach Melia's old place for Awana orientation! Apparently, Auntie Rebecca got impatient and called Henry when we were ten minutes away. Not our fault everyone suddenly decided to do things on the weekend, and drive so people were virtually jack-knifed! I was glad of the time to decompress and think. We passed BCIT, Metrotown, and other places which brought back memories of Fellowship at Hansel and Cathy's. Metrotown also reminded me of Alan P.'s posted party at Red Robin's - I don't really think it's at 7:15 AM, haha. Too bad I can't go there, since I'm really meant to be saving money at the moment! William is our second clubber turned leader (after Andrew), and a bunch of my friends' kids are now old enough to be in Awana! (Nathaniel, Olivia, Ian M., and others)

We went over all the usual things, Chris gave us a bunch of verses to memorize, Henry "saved" me, I bantered with Margaret / Michelle / Hilary, Henry thought the germs would automatically die if we left our church property uniforms at the building (NO!), and Mike provided hilarious answers when we were meant to be serious. The nuts also spilled on the ground TWICE - yikes! At least I also got to wave hello to Sabrina! I was thoughtful on the way home, and glad I didn't have to do anything right upon returning! (hanging out is one thing, but being rushed everywhere is NOT!)

Jon says we're leaving about an hour earlier than normal - sounds fair enough! We're also watching some movie called BARTON FINK at Nate's in between lunch and dinner... seminal Coen Brothers film?! I'm in! (yay for distraction!) Mike Tr.'s wondered how we know each other (LJ layouts!), and Michelle's wondered about my status of wanting to kill people, hahaha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home