Sunday, August 31, 2008

Oyster omelettes are certainly interesting!

Amanda B. added me to Facebook - I guess she found me via Growing Gifts OR Sara H., hah. Either way, it's cool.

My mom had something interesting to say while we went to church - something about inviting my favorite men to dinner in a couple of weeks. Hmm, I guess we'll see who she thinks is worthy of that honor! I know I'm cautious about according people that title NOW, heh. (she wanted to know if Billie was in school, too...) Got to church and talked to Grace / Cindy / Martin for a while, then discussed grumbling gelato customers / Wordscraper scores with Raymond - also told him about cleaning gardens for LOTS of seeds, haha. (When I got home, I used more than 10,000 seeds to unlock various topiary / art tributes / other flowers. I also noticed Raymond's amusing status message: "I'm playing Wordscraper at the gym thanks to Wi-Fi!" HAHAHA!) Said hi to Alan, and noticed White Guy #2 at the handshaking portion of service: he said Dallas had been HOT! Noticed White Guy #1 midway through service, so I made a point of going up to him afterwards and saying how I was VERY GLAD to see him! (I won't need to kill him on Friday, then...) Wai-Mui did the sermon, with Katherine translating - interesting stuff!

Said hi to the usual people in the back parking lot while talking to Raymond and Kevin about my sister - I'm growing in appreciation for Tony's sense of humor! Discussed basketball involving Vernon, Eddie, David M., and others whom we hadn't seen in AGES! Hugged Chris goodbye, since I won't see him till Christmas! Chased down Joshua and Stella so I could give their birthday cards to them: not surprised that Joshua ripped the envelope and then put the card on his head! (he IS three) Wished his mom Maxine a happy anniversary (today!), and held baby Noah's hand for a bit till he grew cranky. (saw baby Connor too, in service) Dianne noticed my haircut, and Mike said that my Facebook status scared the crap out of him! (Ivan and Sam were around for the discussion as well - good times!) "It said that Leslie and Korey have ended their relationship... okay. Then like ten minutes later, you went from SINGLE to MARRIED to some girl whose name I can't even pronounce!" When I said that my friend and I had been having too much fun, he figured that had been the case! I told him what my mom had said about Billie - he found it as ludicrous as I did! ("sure... EVERYONE online is in a gang...")

At Sunday School, I saw Frances and Micah: the whole extended family is going to Hawaii for Elaine and Matt's wedding! (YAY!) we recognized that Brandon and Amanda were moving up - Watson pooped in his pants. I'm sure Quan didn't want to hear details from Auntie Fonda about THAT while Cordia was playing the piano afterwards, haha! (he likes piano music, which is good - maybe he'll grow up to be CULTURED!) Said hi to Amos / Michelle C. / Andrew before heading upstairs JUST in time to discover Grandma making lunch plans with Auntie Kwai! I dissuaded her from doing so: thank goodness Auntie Kwai understands English, since the plan was for me and Jon to transit with Grandma to the Taiwanese Cultural Festival! After talking to Jen / Jeremy / Tony / Sonny / Raymond, we got through the Skytrain without incident!

We decided to line up for things to eat like HA-GOW, SIU MAI, oyster omelette (very unique!), drinks, Taiwanese fried chicken, corn, chow mein, and such. Jon spotted Kenneth and Daisy in the crowd going by, and we had enough time to wave and observe that we weren't going to see them again THERE! Took in a fashion show with impossibly thin models, plus some music with homemade instruments including a nose flute - to facilitate Jon's wandering around, I had to stay with Grandma. Fine by me since I need to rest up for tonight's Night Market excursion! Saw Karen, Lincoln, and Auntie Susan when we were going to leave - shook Lincoln's hand goodbye. It's nice to see them, for sure! (and Lincoln is an honorary family member - yay, boyfriends!)

On the way back to the Skytrain Station, Grandma took off her shoes since they were too tight. (good thing she didn't do that in GASTOWN... I saw an anti-Bush vehicle with posters by Steamworks which Jeremy would like!) Then she slipped on the stairs: good thing Jon was there to catch her! Mom thinks that we should tell Nathan to date someone, since Kenneth is his age and has two kids already! Jon opines that Nathan is secure enough, and doesn't NEED someone - that's for sure. (whether Eric NEEDS someone because his roommates are all married with kids is also debatable!) Discussed the PNE affecting Mui's parking, Brentwood Mall, Maxim's Bakery, Christon, skewer discounts at 11 (ONE DOLLAR!), and more! Interesting day... now I'm just waiting on my brother to call me when he gets closer to here for the NIGHT MARKET! [I put the mooncake in the fridge when I got home!] Now, Corey and I are doing DISCREDITING THE FRONT DESK riffs - we're not malicious, even if he DOES tease me all the time! (discussing Scientology, too - L. Ron Hubbard's first name is Lafeyette, which sounds WORSE than preppy to me!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home