Friday, November 02, 2007

New stylish shirts don't necessarily cost $100, dude!

Gmail has changed its look - a bit confusing at first, but it'll be FINE. :D

Eric picked me up and we went to his place - Veronica thought my NEW SHIRT was pretty nice! I remember that I have Vanessa's birthday dinner on the 11th AND maybe Anita's baby shower on the 10th. (for once, an event which doesn't conflict with Awana... but maybe with the nursery cleaning project!) Steph picked us up, and it was off to the Zone for us! We talked about piranha flowers on Facebook, Steph stuffing her bra for work / a Peggy Bundy costume, MARIO music, Big Sugar's BUTTERBALL, a RICHMOND Fellowship program for once, no Subway / Pho dinner, Henry / Teresa, my being weirder than usual, mega-rolls of toilet paper, clock radios, Mom and Dad spending $400 in the States, dinner with Fred and Dallas, etc. Managed to find a cramped parking spot between a van and a truck that BOTH went over the parking lines, but found a bunch of people already waiting for us. It's funny how you can't drink beer past a certain point at the Zone - as Jeremy joked, utter chaos would break loose if they allowed beer in the bowling area!

Talked to Dylan about his race which necessitates him getting up at 5 AM because it's in Haney: OUCH! Jen and Karen both noticed my new shirt - this was its debut! (I wish I had a picture... maybe later?) Turned out that only Alan, Raymond, Steph, Eric, Randal, Kevin, and Ivan wanted to bowl. Grace, Joe, Jeremy, Cindy, Andrea, Karen, Jen, and I just chilled - $20 a person to bowl?! Jeremy had spent enough at the pub for dinner already, haha. Talked about Phil, co-teaching, the NOISY bowling alley (the music was too loud, never mind the choice of Sir Mix-A-Lot :P), losing our hearing / getting old, and quiet places being nicer because then you didn't have to YELL in order to be heard. (we saw a guy talking on his cell phone... SO NOT GOOD FOR UNDERSTANDING!)

Discussed Chrystal, Awana, cousins, our reasons for not bowling, Kids Night, cruises, babysitting, hanging out sometime, birthday cards, Christmas doings, Korey ("he looks so huge in the picture, and you're so small!"), ironing things out, nerves, and relationships. Then we got into Chuck in Toronto, sleep issues (Cindy: "the three days that I had insomnia were the worst of my life - I wound myself up way too much and couldn't unwind!"), being able to sleep right away (lucky Grace!), Harmony's mind racing and anxiety creation, Big Two / Speed / card games, Cindy not knowing many people in the Fellowship yet (small group / Grace / Connie / Steph), etc. Jeremy's card deck was warped from the rain since his knapsack isn't waterproof, but it's a good thing that he has a new deck at home which hasn't been opened yet! (he had to unstick them from each other, and shuffling didn't work well at all)

There was a time when Grace and Joe went to find a coffee shop, so Jeremy and I were left alone. (Andrea, Karen, and Jen had gone to play racing games at the arcade) We rarely talk about Korey, so I was surprised when he brought him up - told him that K was doing FINE! Then he asked which story was my favorite in the "addictive" FINAL EXITS book: I had to go with Cordia and Stanley's fave, which involves a man wanting to throw a knife out his window to puncture the tire of a man behind him. The knife ricocheted and severed his neck instead! HAHAHA! Jer had read a section or two every night, and liked the one about the man who was fried to death: he wanted to rescue a dog from very hot water, and his skin fell off as he took two days to die! (I told him about the Morbid Facts email newsletter, and maybe I'll link him to it later)

He said that he'd noticed I wasn't there for the past couple weeks: I was sick, and then Eric had to debug a bunch of stuff. Talked about card deck sound effects, cosmic bowling at 9 (white stuff GLOWS, like shirts / the other side of Jeremy's WWJD armband / napkins / lollipops as ghosts from my sister's Halloween work extravaganza - an excuse not to do any work!), the poutine that Grace and Joe brought back, forklifts, his new managerial responsibilities at the furniture warehouse (first interview on the other side is on Monday morning, so he'll Google questions), Phil and Jon co-teaching, whether Jon was at Daniel or David Fellowship, Erin / Karen, Pastor John hopefully being with US since Daniel Fellowship has a lot of leaders like Daniel / Michelle / Citrus / Danielle / Melia / Angus, and life in general. Jeremy didn't like the gender imbalance that was going on! (he was the only guy at our chilling table because Joe went off somewhere, and Steph was the only girl that bowled)

Jeremy noticed my top - he guessed that my new blue colorful shirt cost $100, and was from the Chinese Night Market since it was so stylish. He thought that was what I wanted to hear - kinda true, heh. But it only cost $10, and was from London Drugs - his and Jen's reaction was the same: "London Drugs has SHIRTS and stuff now?!" Hey, it was even $5 cheaper than I thought it would be - and at that point, I needed something to lift my spirits up! Should be WASHED IN COLD WATER AND HUNG TO DRY - I'll probably turn it inside out too when I do wash it, heh. Lotsa shiny things on the front, which I don't want to inadvertently destroy! Steph beat everyone in the first game with a 119 score, and Alan took honors in the second. We wondered where Cindy and Grace were; as I found out, they were in the washroom talking to get away from the noise outside! (it doesn't help that Cindy still doesn't have much of a voice...) Talked about arcades not being much in demand now except for the "vintage" games among people aged 20-30, iPods, Steph liking my firm butt (thanks for telling Jen...), weekend plans, etc.

Pastor John showed up to join us after church - seems he always is asking Dad for a ride, haha. There IS the 401 bus if he hadn't driven to the Zone! On the way home, we discussed Sunday dinner plans: pie / pumpkin / squash / yam fries / wax from candles in jack-o-lanterns / gourds and pumpkins at Eric's. Eric and Steph discussed that GROTESQUE groin injury... a three-inch cut?! OUCH! Also talked about dinners, the time change, Margaret's downtown birthday dinner, etc. Corey now is telling me about fighting / brawling, drugs, relevant scientific journals, addling me, experts, spinach / anchors / Popeye, PORTAL, etc. Interesting night... since I'm home early, I can also sleep earlier! YAY! (tried calling Henry, but didn't get an answer - called Melia instead to let her know about stuff)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home