Sunday, June 10, 2007

Accidentally hitting me with your water bottle is still wild and crazy!

I'm feeling numb, and I'm listening to the Sex Pistols' No Feelings. Har har har.

This morning, I automatically wanted Eric to let me in the backseat of the car - only twice, and I'm already learning that Korey needs the front seat! The only thing wrong with that was Korey wasn't feeling well, so had stayed home. Oh well, I had a good time freaking out Eric anyhow while he thought that he wasn't on Jon's abbreviated Sunday dinner email list.. maybe. He also thinks the Fellowship committee should assume he's going to the Daniel-David BBQ, and so shouldn't send him an Evite - perhaps, but we both need to respond to it! (I need to give my info to Korey too, by way of a test email) When we got to church, we'd been discussing Randal on and off. Eric noted that he'd parked right in front of us, and told me so - I was like "That could be anyone's red Hyundai Accent!" Clearly, I am not a pro at being observant in the morning / when I haven't had enough sleep, because guess who stepped out of the car? Of course, Eric had to tell him that I hadn't seen him at all - so of course I had to explain things to him later when I sat by him in service. (the early people were blocking the first few rows, yay...)

The PULSE had definitely changed its look, and Randal remarked on that to me. He also told me about some blind date he'd gone on, that "my single self should die" blog post (I know it wasn't literal, but at least he IS alive!), seeing Andy at Kits Beach (of all the people), walking around, and wondered who had won the Memorial Cup since he noticed my newest hat. Seems his only exposure to it was at the townhouse that time, so I told him who had won while waving to Danielle - she's back from her trip! We later figured that between the cruise and her trip, we hadn't seen each other for more than a month. At least we're both back now! Jeremy came in later, and we laughed when we saw the sermon acronyms: HABITS, haha. (J.I. Packer says "Hang Time With God?! Haha.") The Awana slideshow was pretty cute, too! Ah, the kiddies! Briefly talked to Henry later, who says he'll be back next week: we shall see, although my sister says not to rely on him because of his family situation which is no one's FAULT really. All he has to do is give me a call, haha.

When Auntie Rebecca asked the Awana leaders to stand up, I noticed Lainey looking around - haha, I wasn't going to be the first, either! Because of enunciation issues, Jeremy thought Pastor Edward said that we'd inhabit the new church building in 40 months! Haha, no... that would be a little on the long side for a construction project, as he'd actually meant 14 months. I patiently waited for Jeremy to get his stuff together so we could leave, and I saw Tony outside after saying hi to Sophia - he immediately told us that he'd done something terrible. ("Who did you kill?" was everyone's first reaction, haha) What he meant: "I've gone back to my old job at Wal-Mart!" While he was telling us, Mike, Steph, Isabel, and whoever else was around about it, Randal hung just back of the umbrellas. After a bit, he tapped me on the shoulder and said that he was going off to Sunday School. Fair enough, so I waved bye... he COULD talk to us if he wanted, but maybe he's shy. That, or he needs introductions even though he knows everyone already - except maybe Tony. Meh, maybe I'll talk to him about that later. It's nice to know he's around, though... all he has to do is insert himself into our circles! (and I mean that literally, haha)

Tony then said he felt guilty if he moved since Jeremy and I were under his umbrella, but the rain was bearable - Jer had a full hood on his biking jacket, and I'd survive with my hat! We moved to where Jon and Calla were discussing coral reefs and environmental changes: she'd know stuff with her environmental engineering! Jon introduced Calla and Jeremy to each other, and she seemed surprised that he knew who she was because she's been away for school a lot. Chris and Ivan hung around till our last group left: we congratulated Chris on being valedictorian, and told him NOT to do any Hitler impersonations if he had a Jewish teacher around! The toddlers in Sunday School were kinda hyper, except maybe little Sean. He had a blast with the rainbow book and stickers, saying the words "rainbow" and "Z"... and he proved to be smart with the foam interlocking puzzle featuring various letters and numbers. So good! (he liked red and blue today, too!) Asked his brother Ian to hold his things afterwards, and he said that he was holding FOUR things! Yup, he was: his brother's jacket, two pieces of Sunday School stuff, and his own Sunday School things. Cute kid, and he actually talked to me on his own! (and he hasn't seen me for a couple of weeks, either!)

Recognized Amos by his hairstyle, so went to the basement corner where he and his friends were looking at someone's PSP game. Asked him how it had gone yesterday: apparently, there isn't much to write down in the record books now because the kids are focused on their year-end ceremony songs. Gave him his birthday card and stickers, which he thanked me for. I went outside after interacting with some of the younger kids a little. Everyone had finished Sunday School already: they were discussing Bible Study / BBQ at Winnie's, tonight's plans at Nathan's (no outside BBQ for Nate!), the weird movies Jon wants to watch, and Facebook. Danielle said that my brother (and I) should get a Facebook account, so I relayed that info to him after he'd come back out from the church. He prefers face-to-face interaction (and has no time for it or MSN because his work will suffer), even if his own girlfriend has an account there! ("I'm resisting it!") Nathan has one for the elementary school memories, and Danielle likes planning events on there... social networking! Andrew came outside later with his brother Adam, and (completely independent of the other conversation) told me that HE had gotten a Facebook account last week - "I'm already addicted!" Oh, dude... he also said he got "smited" yesterday. Simple solution: DON'T EAT DURING AWANA TIME! (I bet that's what he was doing, since he always does that!)

Ran errands with the parents after lunch at Mui's (grad banquet is Sunday, August 12... the public bathrooms at Lansdowne take me back to when I was a kid and walked down that long hall to get to them!), and now I'm home since Jon will let me know what's happening tonight. Jokingly threatened Nathan with not bringing my cake tonight since he accidentally hit me with his water bottle: Christon termed that a "wild and crazy antic," which is an apt descriptor! Nate's finished all the chocolate / Smarties fusion ice cream I brought last weekend, so he can have the cake if he pays for it! (Jon was collecting tabs from people, but I already paid him back - Mom says Nathan shouldn't let Jon run up a tab, but we'll see!) Steph will see Melissa in Toronto soon enough, so she'd better give me back a bunch of cards! (and I have more.. eep!) Jon asked me some question about the babies that Cindy would be better equipped to answer: it's true that baby Hannah is the most musical of the bunch if she bops along to the rhythm of the worship music instead of just randomly doing so! She's definitely the cutest, with her dad Lee's eyes and these long eyelashes! (her little wave goodbye is so cute!) I haven't seen David's younger son Gabriel yet, but his older one is huge already! Ah, more babies! :D

Jon just called, and said he has no idea where Nathan is right now. He's still meeting Jeremy for beer and stuff, though - as long as he gives me a call before he leaves, I'm going to bring my cake for the movie night even if it's not really a dinner thing! I knew there were advantages to leaving certain people out of the loop on things. ;)

Also forgot to add that my mom thinks Steph and I are bad for deleting some forward she sent us: Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion's rendition of THE PRAYER?! Jon could sing that to her, haha! We tried explaining to her that some forwards are just useless junk (but tried putting it more politely), and also tried explaining the concept of forwarding as inline text vs. an attachment since Steph sometimes just gets headers instead of text from her. Then we tried telling her not to assume we knew what she was talking about when it came to episode names of TV shows and such. (I should tell my sibs that once she got mad at me for not knowing what a certain Harrison Ford movie was called when "[I] obviously know, and [I'm] just being difficult!") Then there was this exchange...

Mom: *talks about how Uncle Eric (Erin's dad) was her and Dad's boarder when they first got married, and she had to cook him dinner almost every night*
Steph: So I guess you had no alone time...
Mom: What? Me and Uncle Eric?! We weren't romantically involved!
*pause as Dad chuckles to himself and the three of us look at each other in the backseat*
Steph: No, Mom. I meant when you and Dad were newlyweds, before you had your firstborn. If Uncle Eric was always there, you didn't have any time to yourselves!
Mom: OH! Well, he lived across the hall from us...

Haha. Gotta know your audience, and listen for subtle nuances in conversation! (this reminds me that Eric thinks I selectively mishear inappropriate things - that is SO NOT TRUE!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home