Thursday, May 17, 2007

TV shows, rats, bogs, art, various quizzes

I keep forgetting to look up certain TV show episodes online for my mom - oops. Maybe I'll see if Without A Trace (like the Soul Asylum song!) and Grey's Anatomy are on UK Television Links, since it worked for 24. If I do have to ask online communities for this, I won't do what she said! ("Just tell them that it's for yourself, and don't say it's for me!") Uh, I don't see what's the harm in telling them that it's for my mom! It's not like she has to "save face" in an online community she doesn't know about. ;) (and I found links to the shows on Daily Motion also!) Guess I'll email those links to my sister at some point, haha. I also called Chinese Eric, who's not within range of his cell phone. I'm almost sure we can make something work for a hangout time... too bad he's not online!


Today's Edgar Allan Poe-ish Yet Truly Morbid Fact!

For years, the neighbors have been complaining that Thomas H. Stone, 67, was feeding rats at his suburban Seattle home. They apparently won't have to worry about that anymore. But the sheriff's deputy who checked on the last complaint may have a hard time getting the image he found out of his head. Authorities said the deputy found a dead body, believed to be Stone, on the second floor in a house full of rodents, feces and garbage -- with rats feeding on the decomposing corpse. One neighbor said they'd been warning officials for about five years about the rats. And county health workers told Stone to stop feeding them. "I wanted to get him help," neighbor Tom Ellis told the Seattle Times. "And I wanted the rats to go away." Investigators even imposed fines, got a lien on the house, and won a judgment that's now more than $200,000. Ellis said he and his family watched as Stone threw peanuts to the rats and squirrels sitting on his balcony. "In the end, he wouldn't even take out the garbage," Ellis said. "It looks like he never took down the Christmas decorations from when his mother died in 1999. It was all very Edgar Allan Poe-ish." The man lived in the home with his mother and became the owner upon her 1999 death.

Culled from: The Associated Press
Generously donated by: Nina

**********************************************************************

Wretched Recommendations!

Bill has a recommendation for the morbid kid in your life:

"I was looking over your newsletter about the bog body, and was looking for some more pics when I ran across this book."

Bodies from the Bog by James M. Deem

"Lots of pics from from bogs. I don't own it, but here is what caught my eye. It is written for 9-12 year olds. A good gift for the morbid kid... :)"

*******

Morbid Art Du Jour!

Bobby Neel Adams is a fascinating photographer who photographs mine victims and cemetery angels, and creates fascinating age maps where he morphs two photographs of the same person, one young and one old, into a single portrait. It really makes you think about "the passing of time and all of its crimes."

Thanks to Cathy for the link.








You are 53% likeable
You are a likeable person. You are fiercely loyal to your friends, and you have a lot of them. You may have a few enemies, but it is only because they don't really know the real you.
'How Likeable are You?' at QuizGalaxy.com




Sorry, But You're Not Exactly a Hot Chick...

Sure, you meet a few men - but what woman doesn't?
You've got to break out of your shell, girl!
Get a makeover, gym membership, new wardrobe...
Because no matter what, dating is a numbers game.


Well, I knew that... I'll just cry into my non-existent beer. :P


Chance You'll Live to 100: 70%

100 is looking pretty likely for you right now. You've made your health a priority.
So kick back, keep doing what you're doing, and enjoy the great life you've made for yourself.
And you might get to see what the world is like 70, 80, or even 90 years from now.


Somehow, I don't think I'll make it into that exalted club of centenarians or higher. :P


Your Love Is Represented By a Pink Rose

You see love as something that should be light, fun, and whimsical.
People fall in love with you easily. And you tend to fall out of love easily!
You express your love through attention and shared experiences. You love people more than they realize.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home