Sunday, May 13, 2007

Emotions, reminders, and clothing

Apologized to Melia, who said it was okay and that I should call Henry: I did, at 4. Now that's over with, at least. Sat in a relatively uncrowded pew, and shared some laughs with Jeremy / Jon / Steph. I had to brush something off Jeremy's bike jacket, but that was fine - better off than on, heh. He said that his price tags were still on there, despite his buying it a couple years back - at least those are less visible than the price tags on my mom's jacket which she cut off this morning! All he has to do for Mother's Day is call his mom in Kelowna, and doesn't have to spend the time / money on a meal out - it's okay in some respects, but the time is something to be treasured, kinda. Waved hi to Fidela and Chris, and asked Tony what he was doing for Mother's Day: he called his mom yesterday since she's in Hong Kong. Jon's spending time with him and the motherless later, so that should be good. Gave Sam and Angus their birthday cards - Angus thanked me and joked about wanting candy, which he can't have because he has to lose weight. (why do you think I'm giving mine away, dude?) Told Eric about tomorrow's situation: I guess it IS only two more weeks, heh. However, I like having the assurance of a ride home - I'll surely get one on the 21st, but tomorrow? Who knows. I'm not giving them ANY material to use, and little does someone know that we already thought of her idea some time ago! I have to get in touch with someone this week, then: REMINDERS AHOY! Maybe on Tuesday... still not sure about Friday, haha.

Said hi to Stella and baby Benjamin, who kissed people on the cheek: so cute! Eric told me that it was Sunday School for the kids already, to which I replied: "Why do you think I'm going in now?" After that, Andrew said hi to me as usual: ooh, he should get one of the four extra postcards! Steph said she'd upload the rest of the photos and such when she's finished being land-sick from the cruise. (she got dizzy and unwell at work on Friday) Overheard William, Mary, and Margaret talking about Rich taking them to see Spider-Man 3: Rich was laughing at a sad scene, while Margaret and Mary showed more appropriate emotion! Stanley's another one with no emotions, the girls thought: he just gets pissed off, heh. Eric found some Hon's placards and an iPearl card on the ground, so we were all asking him about that when he picked them up: "YOU don't go there..."

Dylan, Tony (whom Joey describes as "the guy who looks like Buddha"), Eric, Jon, Steph, Christon, and I talked about plaid shirts and solid blazers: a good combo, unlike the same solid blazer with a neon green shirt! Christon wore that neon green shirt out once, and some guy from across the street yelled to him: "HEY! NICE SHIRT!" ("okay, I'm not wearing THAT one out of the house ever again...") Jon and Dylan had to high-five each other since their moms still buy clothing for them: it's not that they're fussy, but it's that someone still buys stuff for them! Mike, Sam, J-Mak (who's by himself till August), Citrus, and others were admiring someone's gadget. Then Mike started singing the Proclaimers' 500 Miles - when I commented on it being really old now, he informed me that it was the best song ever! Oh, I agree with him there! Mom tried to get the guys to purchase some Chinese food for a sale, using the "you can get it for your mothers!" pitch - too bad Tony's mom is 2000 miles away! (Steph and I told Jon about how Mom was totally flirting with the liquor store guy, and THEN we learned that she wasn't wearing her wedding band since it doesn't fit anymore... oh my! Mom thought that the guy would know she was married because she mentioned her children - that doesn't mean anything these days!)

Discovered that the family is invited to Phil and Grace's wedding AND banquet - hey, it starts later in the day, which is a good thing! Double happiness = everything being in Richmond! (for us, anyhow) I can totally do a 1 PM wedding and 6:30 banquet, even though I'm just as happy to attend 10:30 weddings with a banquet around 6 or so as well. But to anyone reading this who might want to invite me to their weddings: a later time is better, thanks! :P Nathan's leaving tomorrow morning, so has to finish packing today for sure! Discussed long weekend plans: Eric's going to that conference, so I think we'll both figure out the small group outing stuff later if I'm not going on Friday - I probably should, though. Meh, we have two weeks to figure it out, so I'm not worried!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home