Tuesday, March 20, 2007

So many shiny colors...

My mom thinks certain people like each other - who knows. She also told me stuff about Uncle Eric's family history and mother, and discussed who talked to her at the banquet on the weekend... some people don't let things go, but I can understand! I got my glasses fixed at Factory Direct without having to go back there again, so that's pretty sweet! They don't have any earpiece / bending issues anymore - yay! Then I had lunch with a bunch of Erin's relatives - her mom DOES look like she's lost 15 pounds, so I guess your appendix rupturing IS good for that! (but I don't recommend it) After trying to explain nail polish and cologne differences to my grandmother at the dollar store, I went to my dentist appointment. The hygienist Tony seems to be better at not leaving patients hanging with assorted instruments in their mouth for five minutes at a time, which is a good thing!

Later, I decided to log even MORE time with my family... but first, I stopped in at London Drugs. I should have gone straight home after that since Steph and Vivian wouldn't be at the townhouse for dinner tonight... oh well, I was able to get a bus back home, even though my mom said I could use the computer before their supper. Eh, I need time to myself... especially after spending much more time with them than I normally would! (50-odd hours in the past few days as opposed to maybe 10 on a normal week?) Hey, I don't MIND spending some time with them... but eventually, I just want my own space since it's human nature to not want to see the same people for long stretches, and I have my own tolerance for that. ;)

At London Drugs, I got two wedding cards: I have Phil and Grace's wedding covered, as well as Angus and Melia's. Then I decided to get some Sharpies, some double-ended Laurentien felts (bold / metallic), some "multicultural" Crayola markers, that Bursting Bubblegum toothpaste (along with the Cinnamon Swirl counterpart - Wild Expressions!), some chocolate Easter eggs for the kids, and cheddar / salsa Munchies. I saw that last item yesterday at Super Grocer, and wanted some right then! So you see I'm good at instant gratification, hehe. But I should also learn to wait for certain things, as well. Went home and found a message from Enrico on my screen: no, I wasn't home at 12:15 since (as he thought) I left my computer on at home! Now I'm telling Chinese Eric about hanging out on Saturday, Chung and Karen's wedding (he knows her from Channel M - the multicultural channel here), Phil getting married, and other stuff. Good times!

I'm not sure why they make light-colored felts like yellow, since they won't show up on white paper. Oh well. According to the Sharpie website, they're available in lots of colors: yellow, black, blue, green, orange, red, brown, purple, turquoise, spruce green, burgundy, mint, lime, light wood, medium wood, olive, marigold, navy, plum, sky, peach, pink, tangerine, magenta, lilac, dandelion, slate grey, ocean blue, brick red, berry, blue ice, kiwi, pink lemonade, boysenberry, and almond. (I only got the first eight colors in my pack - that'll do!) The double-ended bold / metallic markers are available in these colors: green, red, turquoise, purple, brown (gold?), grey (silver?), blue, and yellow. At least the multicultural Crayola felts were on clearance sale! Bronze, beige, tawny, terra-cotta, tan, golden beige, mahogany, and sienna are the colors in that pack... now I have a nice variety of 24 since I only had a few old ones that worked from the last time I bought this kind of thing! Yes, I had just enough cash to pay for my dental work up front... plus, I actually set an appointment instead of waiting - GO, ME! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home