Friday, July 01, 2005

Another hang-out night at Nathan's

The Spanish Banks BBQ got relocated to Nathan's because of the iffy weather. I was trying to call Eunice because she was my ride, but the phone line was busy. So I called my sister to see if she still wanted to go, but my mom answered the phone to say she wasn't home... and then asked me where she was. (like I would know?!) When I told her why I wanted Steph, she said that she was on the phone with Eunice's mom... so THAT's why the phone was busy! Luckily, Eunice called me right then to pick me up... she knew it was at Nathan's, since Dianne called her. Good thing too, because she hadn't checked her email due to being at the Steveston Salmon Festival for the afternoon. It's funny how parents assume you know where everyone is, even when you don't know. Aiya.

When we got to Nathan's, a bunch of the Timothy girls were there. I showed Vivian, Sheena, and Chalaine my Alaska cruise photos... they loved those! I should email the link out to a bunch of people, heh. The girls played Smash Brothers: the music took me back to Zelda / Kirby days, among others! Talked to Margaret, Erin, Hien, Isabel, Angus, Dianne, Andy, Cindy, and a bunch more people. We had fun with Nathan's cute stuffed animals: he definitely likes camels! After a while, all the teen girls left to go to Erin's... and it got a whole lot quieter, haha. Later, we all had to pick a number between 1 and 10, and say the corresponding number of things about ourselves. I could barely get through six things... I should have said that I could remember the birthdays of most of the people there, haha. (Randal's birthday was yesterday, Megan's is today, Dianne's is tomorrow...) It was a good way to get to know people... I'd never have guessed that Silvester hates reading, and can never tell what he'll get when he orders bubble tea!

Later, I was talking to Elaine: she's going to Hawaii for six months soon to do some genetic counselling. She'll be back around late August since her sister Sophia will be having her daughter. Her sister-in-law Rosenda is going to have a baby around that time too... and the family will finally get to meet her this Sunday. (her brother David met her a few years ago on a missions trip to the Philippines, got married in December, and he's bringing her over) Elaine will get to spend some time with her, and is excited / nervous / tense about the whole thing. Rosenda shouldn't pack too much, since she can always buy stuff here. It'll be a very interesting time for the family, and they'll live in the family home. Nathan's brother Daniel came by later to inform us that his mom drove herself to the hospital. She had something going on with her heart, and the doctors told her to go to hospital. Since her car was right there, she drove herself: she's sleeping now.

Karen attempted to steal stuffed animals, haha. Right now, I should stop being anti-social. Later!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home