Sunday, June 26, 2005

Jeff and Anita's wedding banquet

Danny, Helen, and Karen K. picked me up at around 6:30, and we headed to Jeff and Anita's wedding banquet. Karen's involved in the Willingdon choir, so we talked about that for a while. At the banquet, I sat with a bunch of my friends (including my old friend Teresa, who got married in April to a guy named Ken) and talked about my sister... nobody can believe she's graduated already! I guess four years really does fly by! We had a Western-style meal with prime rib, veggies, lobster bisque, and a chocoholic buffet: it reminded me of all the cruise food. (I should really send people links to the cruise photos, haha) The speeches and slide show presentation were pretty funny and touching, and I enjoyed myself! If we wanted the couple to kiss, we had to spin a wheel with eight options on it... including "divert the kiss to another couple," "no kiss," "Eskimo kiss," and "kiss for five seconds." There was a time when a kiss got diverted to Daniel and Michelle: Daniel said that if Jeff and Anita wanted them to kiss, they'd have to copy what he and Michelle did. So Daniel lifted Michelle into the air with one hand, and kissed her... Jeff and Anita were barely able to duplicate that one!

Mark, Connie, and I talked about the food later on: we agreed that the prime rib was HUGE! After Anita and Jeff had their first dance, nobody wanted to dance. There were at least six pregnant people at the banquet (they didn't get raw seafood as an appetizer, but had it cooked), some people had already left, and I guess no one else really wanted to except Daniel / Michelle / Quan / Emily. They tried to get Rich, Hien, David, and others to dance with them... no go! Karen said later that she wanted to dance, but then the photographers would get in your face whether you did your own thing or not: otherwise, it would have been perfect. You don't feel as self-conscious, especially if you're in a crowd. Karen and I also attempted to pay Danny and Helen back for the cost of parking and gas, but Helen was having none of it. But it was a good time: Jeff and Anita are going to Disney World, then on a seven-day Caribbean cruise... fun times ahead! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home