Thursday, June 09, 2005

Argument about paintings / Dominic's message

I'm over at my friend Shannon's right now, and everyone's gone to bed except me. (yup, I'm a night owl) Her stepdad Brian's gone to Singapore, so he won't be here for 3.5 months. No idea what he's doing there, but maybe his Buddhism has something to do with it. I had the dubious experience earlier of hearing a very warm discussion about paintings that Shannon had with her mom, Alison. That was embarrassing, and took me back to the time when I overheard Sean's mom upstairs lecturing him about asking her to make noodles for him when he was just going to tell her that he wasn't hungry afterwards. Aiya.

Alison: "WHAT HAPPENED TO MY FAVORITE PAINTING?!"
Shannon: "I left it out for the people to pick up from the garage sale!"
Alison: "YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO TAKE IT OFF THE WALL! IT WASN'T EVEN ON THE TABLE TO BE SOLD OR GIVEN AWAY! HOW DID YOU DO THAT? I'D NEVER EVER SELL THAT ONE!"
Shannon: "It's not a big deal... I'll get it back tomorrow!"
Alison: "YOU BET IT'S A BIG DEAL! THAT'S NOT THE POINT! THE POINT IS THAT YOU SHOULD LEARN TO USE YOUR BRAIN, SHANNON!"
Shannon: "I thought you wanted me to take that one too!"
Alison: "WHY WOULD I SELL THAT ONE? ANSWER ME THAT! IT'LL BE DAMAGED IF I EVER GET IT BACK!"
Shannon: "No, it won't be damaged."
Alison: "IT WAS RAINING TODAY! WHAT DO YOU THINK?! USE YOUR BRAIN! IT'LL BE DAMP WITH THE RAIN!"
Shannon: "It wasn't raining when I put it outside..."
Alison: "WELL, IT RAINED LATER ON... DIDN'T IT?!"
Shannon: "I'll get it back tomorrow!"
Alison: "YOU BETTER GET IT BACK, OR YOU ARE IN DEEP TROUBLE!"
Shannon: "I will. Don't worry!"
Alison: "THAT WAS MY PROPERTY! YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO DO SUCH A THING! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I WENT INTO YOUR ROOM AND DID THE SAME THING TO YOUR STUFF?"

*Alison storms off in huff; Shannon couldn't, since she's on the couch and not in her wheelchair*


Later on, we watched Coronation Street / Friends / Everybody Loves Raymond / The Daily Show / Ripley's Believe It Or Not (most of this episode) / a VERY old Saturday Night Live show that had Gilda Radner on it!




After about a week of wondering if he'd forgotten about me or what, I finally got a message back from Dominic. He said that he'd had a great housewarming party, and that he'd been dating a coworker for the past week or so. Of course, he has all the normal reservations about that sort of romantic situation. I'm happy for him! Friendship is cool and all. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home