Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Dreams of Eric, Christon, and 3 AM choir practices at conferences

I had a dream last night which mainly involved people from my church. The setting was a conference building / hotel place. I helped teach the little kids; we were trying to help some of them cope with their parents' deaths by writing stuff on the board, telling them stories, answering their questions, etc.

Little Justin, Ryan, and Bianca (among others) came up to the teachers (including me and Auntie Janice, who is Justin and Bianca's mom in real life) for hugs and reassurance. I could picture Uncle Frank (Janice's husband) in my mind, knowing that he was one of the people who died. (he's very much alive in real life!) The only one of the kids who's had a parent die in real life was Ryan, whose dad Gary died of liver cancer almost a year ago.

After that was over, everyone convened in a huge room for a short talk. When that was finished, we had free time. I went around with my friends and the kids; Eric, Christon, Clement (Christon's brother, who doesn't go to church), and a few more of the guys went down a long flight of stairs to play video games. I joined them for a while; later, Eric wanted me to tell his mom Veronica (who doesn't actually go to church either) something. So I set off in search of her, and found her in the bathrooms. When I relayed the good message, she freaked out because she thought something was wrong with Eric's kidneys. I had to reassure her that it wasn't the case before I went back downstairs.

Later on, most of the church people were in that big conference room again. Michael told me that there was to be a 3 AM choir practice, and that I should really tell anybody I still saw around: especially the guys who were still playing video games. So I went down the long flight of stairs again, and told them.

That's all I remember of the dream... although for some reason, I woke up with O Come, O Come Emmanuel in my head. Luckily, thinking of Rancid's Salvation cured that. Yes, I know I spend lots of time with all the church kids... and that I used to have love for Eric, and do now for Christon. As for the kids' parents dying, I have NO clue what that's supposed to mean... I *hope* none of them die! I haven't seen Michael since the church anniversary dinner a few weekends ago, either. Even when the church choir was active, we NEVER had 3 AM practices! I remember one time when we practiced all morning and afternoon, but that still wasn't 3 AM. No, I haven't been thinking of the last big Summer Conference in 2000 either... what a weird dream!




I just heard from my friend Erik... he's moved now, but won't be online for a while. Good thing he let me know, since I've been thinking about him lately! I should also send a birthday ecard / wishes to Sarah Rowlett today since she's turned 17.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home