Friday, January 21, 2005

Stabbed?!

I just called my mom, since I'm not going out tonight. (I actually changed my mind earlier this afternoon, but I couldn't tell Eric since he was at work.. oh well) She told me that one of my former mental health workers was stabbed to death, two days before his retirement! I certainly recognized the name Dave Bland when she told me.. apparently, he was exiting his workplace when a former client of his came up to him and started stabbing him. Four of his female co-workers then came out the employee exit soon afterwards, and saw him covered in blood.. but Dave was able to tell them who did it, so the police have this nutjob in custody now.

He was a very nice man, and a good teacher. Sad to think that life can be taken away in that instant.. RIP Dave Bland. You will be missed.

Story's not on the Internet yet, as far as I can tell. Maybe this weekend with the Richmond Review and Richmond News editions.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home