Friday, September 17, 2004

Friday Five.. superpowers and related stuff, oh my!

Finally, an interesting set of questions... :D

1. If you came upon a time machine, where would you go? Would you alter anything? Why?

If there's one thing I learned from reading time-travel stories, it's that you should be prepared for changes in the future if you change things in the past. Having said that, I'd go to meet myself in childhood. I'd warn her against being too impulsive, let her know about the teenage years, and encourage her to read more history and classics. Of course, I'd also want to use this time machine for the greater good.. so I would be a postmodern Cassandra and warn people in the past about historical battles and tragedies.


2. If you managed to capture the Questing Beast, an odd combination of animal forms that is said to know the answers to all questions, what one question would you ask it? Would the answer change anything?

"Why did certain people treat me the way they did?" Yes, because I would at least have a greater unbiased understanding of culture and their true motivations.. it would help me get past certain emotions that I'm feeling.


3. You've found yourself a rather obedient genie in a bottle. Make your three wishes. Why, out of everything you could ask for, do these three win out?

Wishing that my friends and I had enough money and material goods to live comfortably, because I want our material problems to go away. Wishing for an end to world hunger and dictatorships, because I don't want anyone to suffer under regimes of any sort and I want everyone to have enough food to eat. Wishing that people would end up with someone who loves them unconditionally, because I want people to be happy. (this would probably sound more eloquent if it weren't almost midnight :P )


4. Someone presents you with a working voodoo doll. Do you use it? On who, why, and to what purpose?

I'd have to think long and hard about that one.. I might just save it for another time. Definitely wouldn't want to use it impulsively, not even on the people who have hurt me REALLY badly in the past.


5. Pick a superpower, any superpower. What and why? How would this change your life?

So many choices.... I'd pick teleportation. You could "jump" from place to place, and not have to worry about long lines / traffic / being late! Heck, you could probably also help other people who were in danger of being late or whatever! Yeah.. that's my pick.. it's kinda obvious how that could change my life. No more being late.. wooyeah!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home