Monday, September 27, 2004

Back online with new goodies!

Phew.. finally back online with a new computer, keyboard, mouse, and other stuff that Vernon installed on the drive / PC. (Mozilla, Nero CD burner, a DVD drive, etc.) Definitely very much appreciate it, because now it means I'm way more current than I was before! It's not a 486 anymore; if anything, it's more like a P4.. so now I can play around with more stuff than previously. :D

On Saturday at Awana, some of the teenage girls got Anita a card for her birthday.. when she opened it up, it laughed at her. (she's 30!) They got the idea to call her fiancé Jeff to have it laugh at him also, but he couldn't hear it. She thanked the girls for the card and gift of a little angel with a birthday cake, and also thanked me for my card.. she said I was the first one to wish her a happy birthday. (hey, it's what I do.. ;) ) We also saw Ethan and Seren for the first time in months.. it's understandable why they don't go to our church anymore, and we miss them. (they're so cute!)


On Sunday, Maisie called to say she was still up for going out to celebrate my birthday.. she felt bad for missing the real deal. When I saw Eric in the car, I told him about my weird dreams of the previous couple of nights. (Friday night, I'd dreamed that I was gushing blood all over myself / my clothes / my sister / everything else.. Saturday, I dreamed that I chomped my brother's finger off and spat it out in the garbage bin!) He thought that they were subliminal threats.. maybe, but we can blame my subconscious for any veiled threat! Talked to a few of my friends about various things: I was amused when Maisie thought Eric and I were going out because he goes to church with me and my family. (it wouldn't work too well if we did, even if we do spend some time together during the week!) Told her that my brother had introduced him to the church family. She didn't mind if Eric went along, so it was the Thai House instead of Quizno's. (he wouldn't be able to eat anything at the sub place) We definitely had a good time, and Maisie insisted on treating me. :)


Today, I was pretty excited since Vernon had told me that he'd be by tonight to hook up the new computer equipment. Spent the day thinking about three of my favorite people, haha.. not telling you who they are, unless you really want to know. ;) Called Sarah later to catch up with her a little.. she said Vernon would be along after he played some soccer. Vernon came by at 7:20, and told me all I needed to know about the new system. (gotta remember to manually update the virus things every couple of weeks!) He even bought me a new mouse, and refused payment for it.. instead, he wanted one of my mini Wunderbars. (of course!) He said I had a good memory when I remembered the phone number I use to dial in to my Net provider.. hey, it pays to know these things. ;)


So yes, right now I'm very happy. Going at 46.6 KBPS, which is better than 14.4. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home