Thursday, April 08, 2004

Tips from Spoz and Corey on being a Vodka Girl

Thanks to Corey, I'm now pleasantly buzzed. Wouldn't say I was completely out-of-it drunk as yet (never have gotten that way), but no worries.. I'm a hyper, goofy, happy person when I've had some alcohol in me. :D (not tonight for some reason.. maybe because nobody else is around?!)

No, I don't drink that often.. even if my siblings think it's a bad idea when I consume caffeine / alcohol. :P I'll be more liable to tell you that I love you rather than the opposite, though! That'll be a good thing for certain people who read this, I know. :P (I predict I'll sleep well tonight, though I don't recommend drinking to do so on a regular basis)


This reminds me of the time I told Spoz (the GURU) that I was going to get drunk again.. here's his advice to me:

"hmmm.. odd.. coz, tell ya wot.. from the perspective of someone who's known to get drunk often on the weekends.. you don't usually set OUT to "get drunk".. at least.. it's not a be all and end all.. not one to be cautionary tale.. but, dunno how familiar you are WITH gettin' drunk..
but.. here's a few things to remember.. a useful guide to "enjoy" the drunken experience.. coz, like all things.. it's a lot of fun if you do it right..

"(a) don't get drunk alone.. coz, let's face it.. it's depressing..

(b) the drunk experience loves company.. get a bunch of friends.. get drunk.. you'll have pissloads of fun :)

(c) the drunken experience is a mood magnifier.. wot'ever mood you're in.. it'll boost it.. so, if you're pissed off.. it'll just make you more angry in the end.. if you're already happy tho'.. it'll do wonders..

(d) it's not the be all and end all.. it's pointless to get drunk merely for the sake of being drunk.. (coz, hey.. that's wot teenagers do.. hehehehee).. it's merely a compliment to the social vibe..

(e) find your level.. and stick to it.. ie: drink as much as you want.. till you get to your "happy spot".. then simply only drink as often as barely required.. so sustain that plateau.. for however long you wish to enjoy being in "silly mode"..

(f) alcohol can be a useful excuse.. as a release.. need to tell someone the truth.. try alcohol.. coz, hey.. if you fuck it up... you can blame the alcohol.. but, still get the thing off ya chest..

"coz.. really, wot'ever silliness you do drunk.. you could just as easily do it sober.. if only you can find the state of mind.. it's why people find it near impossible to determine IF I'm drunk or not.. since, I behave the same way drunk as sober.. (well.. ok, there's some telltale signs..)

"then again.. I have a mastery of control.. the beer works its wonders FOR me.. not vice versa ;) I am the guru.. (heheheehe) so.. there ya go.. there's the wisdom I've gained from over 11 years of the "drunken experience".."


That sounded good to me back in September, and still does now. Of course, I'm STILL getting drunk alone.. but don't do that very often. :P


Since I accidentally closed the window with the advice that Corey gave me tonight after I sent him a VERY typo-filled message, here's the summary from my memory:

"being drunk is a depressant, not a stimulant.. so you won't have to worry about going crazy and hyper.. don't drink vodka straight.. that's gross.. mix it with something if you have to drink it.. mix it with Red Bull, but that'll get you really wired since you'll be both drunk and caffeinated.. it's an energy drink, you know..

"get drunk, puking, hangovers.. I don't support getting this drunk, but you have to do it at least once.. that way, you know your limitations and have something to compare it to.. get a small glass, pour about 2 cm of vodka into it, and drink it all at once.. wait a little while, then repeat once more, and possibly again...

"drink rum and coke.. even vanilla coke is good.. Mike's Hard Lemonade won't get you really drunk, even if you have just one.. or just get tonic water stuff for the vodka.. or just orange juice or any kind of juice really for vodka.. even Kool Aid..

"oh, and it's normal not to be able to type well when you've been drinking.. if you're really trying to get drunk, you're not there if you can type.. and if you can walk easily, you're not there yet either.. and if it's mostly worn off within an hour, that means you didn't have enough.."

(The typing thing is all very well, but as Spoz says when he's drunk: "check it out.. no typos.. hehehehe.." As for walking easily, I'm not sure I can do that even when totally sober.. it's my CP and all, y'know!)


Corey has never really experienced me drunk, except maybe on the odd occasion. My siblings always say it's a bad idea to give me alcohol or caffeine, because then I'll get more crazy-hyper than usual. Maybe.. who knows? :P

I told him that I had a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so it wouldn't be a good idea to have a hangover. He said that the doctor would get me all better if I did.. haha, that makes sense.. still, though! :P


Other silliness from Sept. 24:

Hamsterette (12:52 AM) :
sounds good to me.. by the way, Wokka = that friend Warwick Ing?
Spoz (12:53 AM) :
yeah...
Spoz (12:54 AM) :
weird you'd ask all this information about me friends :-P
Spoz (12:54 AM) :
like you're keeping a profile or something :-P
Spoz (12:54 AM) :
(once more proving you're some kinda artificial intelligence construct..)
Hamsterette (12:55 AM) :
hahaha.. no, I am most certainly not doing that :P
Spoz (12:57 AM) :
makes me wonder tho'.
Hamsterette (12:59 AM) :
I saw a reference to "Warwick & Heidi" in Stuckey's blog.. after I'd seen a reference to "Wokka and Heidi" in yours... just trying to make sure that you're not all Russian people with a zillion nicknames each :P
Spoz (1:00 PM) :
I generally refer to people as their nicknames..

Spoz (1:00 PM) :
it's my thing..
Hamsterette (1:01 PM) :
sounds good.. by the way, read blog.. I believe I mentioned you twice or whatever on the weekend :P
Spoz (1:01 PM) :
er... ok..
Spoz (1:06 PM) :
just been updating my blog..
Spoz (1:06 PM) :
so.. go right ahead.. and read it.. ya spineless baaaaastard.. HA!
Spoz (1:07 PM) :
(y'know.. if that's yer thing.. and unlike your blog.. I don't mention a new birthday each day.. hehehehehehehe)
Hamsterette (1:10 PM) :
hahaha.. can I help it if I know so many people? ;)
Spoz (1:10 PM) :
yer nuts..
Hamsterette (1:13 PM) :
you knew that already, though :P
Spoz (1:14 PM) :
yeah... had that figured..
it's a different kinda nuts tho'.. from wot I'm more familiar with..
Hamsterette (1:15 PM) :
so explain the difference..
Spoz (1:15 PM) :
it's a sorta quiet "keeps to themselves" kinda neighborhood nuts.. y'know.. the dude you walk past everyday.. who's probably quietly burying his / her murder victims in their backyard.. or making a new type of atomic bomb.. ;)
Hamsterette (1:17 PM) :
haha, no.. the only murder victims I come into contact with are those who I read about in true crime books.. and you don't want to know about the only type of atomic bombs I make ;)
Spoz (1:21 PM) :
anywaze dude.. me is outta here..
got Zzzzzzzzzzzz to get...
Spoz (1:22 PM) :
so.. L8rzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hamsterette (1:25 PM) :
seeya then



No, I'm not the next "oh my goodness, she was so QUIET!" murderer to hit the streets and the nation's newspapers. Distracting myself will be good, though.. nobody thinks I'm a sweetheart now. I don't wish that alcohol was an excuse for last week; even if it were, that wouldn't be a good thing.

To quote Saliva's song Rest in Pieces: "Can you find it in your heart to make this go away and let me rest in pieces?" Yes, I'm in pieces (figuratively) over this still.. I didn't mean to cut so deeply, but I did. I've done what I can, though.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home