Friday, February 13, 2004

Weird food combinations

These are some of the recent combinations that my brother has tried, and that I know of. You know, just in case you're interested or something... ;)

1. water, broccoli, napkin bits, borscht (Russian soup), coffee, milk, butter, ice, salt, tea, sugar, and a bay leaf all mixed together in a glass (he and his friend Bryant left it on the table after a lunch at the Gloucester Café; they wanted the waitress to see it)

2. he once put Triscuits, mustard, and bubble tea pearls in a hot dog at a BBQ we attended a few summers ago

3. chips in Slurpee (doesn't sound so bad, until you consider that the two probably don't go well together)

4. sushi with black cherry yogurt

5. sushi with applesauce

6. sushi with Vanilla Coke

7. lychee (a Chinese fruit) with cranberry juice and Cheerios (our friend Nathan said it looked like "eyeballs and blood"... a rather appetizing description, haha!)

8. salad swimming in Coke (he doesn't like salad dressing, so he uses soft drinks instead.. we all thought that was a bit dubious, but to each their own?)

9. strawberry ice cream, BBQ sauce, and rice (this was at a party with 60 other friends of ours.. Brian wanted me to tell him when my brother was done eating this particular "creation," as he couldn't bear to see it)

10. tomato rice with focaccia bread, mustard and other condiments (at the same party as above.. everyone there thought he was absolutely INSANE!)

11. haggis with marmalade on toast (my brother had a haggis party, and the marmalade made it taste better.. I also tried it, as did his friend Phyllis)

12. haggis mixed with orange juice and Coke (at the same party as above, and the same people tried it.. the concoction wasn't TOO bad, in my opinion)


I'm sure there's a lot more that I don't remember, or that I wasn't there to see him make and eat. But you get the general idea.. my brother especially is a weird one when it comes to food!


Stuff that I personally have tried

1. salsa with chocolate chip cookies
2. chicken wings with ranch dip
3. chocolate chip cookie dough with BBQ sauce and mint chocolate chip ice cream

Yup, I'm a wimp compared to my brother.. but 'tis all good. ;)


Memphis Blues Final Act

beans, coleslaw, BBQ sauce, potato salad, chipotle tabasco sauce, regular tabasco sauce, ketchup, various bits of meat (pulled pork, ribs, chicken, etc.), vinegar (James did this once!), beer (Dawn did it once!), hot sauce, and green Tabasco sauce

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home