Friday, February 13, 2004

Friday the thirteenth: SUPERSTITION!

Friday the thirteenth.. best dust off your triskaidekaphobia!
I'm not that superstitious, as I just detailed in the Friday Five..
but somehow, I can't help being a tinge on guard..
even though it's just the luck of the calendar and all..
Valentine's Day is tomorrow, too.. more on that later..
things just get conveniently blamed on the day, sure..
however, I think I'd best be careful, just the same!
(no, I'm not supposed to believe in superstition at all..
still, it can't hurt to have a healthy dose of wariness)


1. Are you superstitious?

I'd like to think I'm not, but I suppose I am just a tinge superstitious about certain things.


2. What extremes have you heard of someone going to in the name of superstition?

I don't know if this is extreme, but my friend Natalie's parents insisted that she and Brad couldn't change their wedding date because it was on an auspicious day in the Chinese calendar. She found out that a couple of her good friends were also getting married on that date (July 26), and they'd chosen the date before she had. There was nothing she could do about Dora and Osmond's wedding date... even though there would be a lot of people attempting to go to both weddings, and having to choose which banquet to attend.


3. Believer or not, what's your favorite superstition?

I don't know much about superstition, although I may have to start reading up about it now. ;) Hmm.. I suppose my favorite one is the one where breaking a mirror will bring you seven years of bad luck unless you do something immediately to counteract the spell. Not sure what that something is, and I'll probably remember as soon as I submit this. (does it involve salt, or is that something else?) But yeah..... that's my favorite one.


4. Do you believe in luck? If yes, do you have a lucky number / article of clothing / ritual?

I'm not supposed to believe in luck since I'm a Christian and all, but I admit I do occasionally. Wouldn't say I have a lucky number / article of clothing / ritual, though. Guess my belief in luck is so occasional that these things aren't involved in it! Hahaha..


5. Do you believe in astrology? Why or why not?

No, I don't believe in astrology. In my opinion, the stars and the positions of the planets in the sky at the time of our birth (or whenever) don't necessarily determine the course of our life. It's rather what you make of the choices you are given, and the stars are just an incidental part of it. Although with that said, I admit I can't resist occasionally looking at the horoscope in the paper! (please note I'm not bashing anyone who DOES believe in the stuff!)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home