Monday, February 23, 2004

Collect phone call from Toronto

Candy had left me a message at the Our Place forum about calling her collect a few days ago. I didn't really want to do this at my parents' house.. yes, even though she'd be paying for most of the call. Instead, I did it earlier tonight.. it was very fun. :D


What we discussed, in point form so you don't run screaming at an extreme run-on sentence otherwise:

* the weather

* family stuff (she understands where I'm coming from in regards to my mother)

* Chinese food / cooking (she once worked in a Chinese restaurant and had great beer)

* painting / renovating / gardening / moving (she has lots of home projects she wants to do: moving rosebushes, gardening in general, and improving her pool patio)

* descriptions of what was in her package which isn't here yet (her husband sent it by ground, not air.. it would take 3-4 weeks, and I believe this is the fourth week) (Ministry CDs which she burned for me, a note from her, an organizer that one of her stepkids didn't want, and some other stuff)

* Toronto stuff (my parents are going to Mississauga in May, and wanted me to go with them... I'll have to think about that one!)

* jokes (between herself and Viper, herself and her husband, etc.)

* explicit language warnings (she warned me NOT to listen to the Ministry CDs in the presence of my mom, like I would.. "don't add more fuel to the fire," as she put it)

* people thinking of me (she and Nutty have discussed getting me a newer computer.. if she could afford it, she'd send one over)

* forum stuff (various topics she'd seen, pinning my New Rock History topic, deletions, smileys [she posts hilarious ones], etc.)

* the insane amounts of snow in Nova Scotia (three feet and counting... whoa, that's some snow dump there!)

* truck driving (she used to drive a truck, and told me about her accident)

* getting rid of stuff (she donates a bunch of stuff every year to the Legion)

* music (she definitely doesn't like new country music, but she likes the older pioneer stuff.. she loves metal music, and knows I listen to all kinds of music ---> to a point)

* her stepkids (one of them is moving in later.. both of them have a fractious relationship with her, though it's getting sorta better in spots)

* restaurants and food (beef and broccoli at Chinese restaurants, hot and sour soup, her not being able to tolerate much spicy stuff because of heartburn; her liking exotic food and sauces, while her husband prefers the meat-and-potatoes diet of the typical American or Canadian)

* life and more topics (pretty general stuff, but it works as filler :P)


That was an antidote to the stuff I'd been getting earlier.. woohoo! Definitely appreciated it a lot. Tomorrow: hot and sour soup, and / or the Pasta Tuesday BP special, plus maybe some possible retail therapy. I will take a break from all this stuff here! If Mom doesn't like it, then she can bloody well sod off and go! At least I know that my true friends and fans will be there for me to give me hugs or other comfort, and I love them for it.


Which Boston Celtic are you?

Ray Allen

Awesome outside shooter, and okay defense.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home