Wednesday, September 24, 2003

Shout-outs to Yazmine, Corey, Eric H., Darren, and Spoz

these song lyrics come to mind right about now:
don't take a picture, it's been a bad day -- R.E.M.
you did it to yourself, just you and no one else -- Radiohead
it's been a bad afternoon and night through my own doing..
as I write this, I'm still kind of half-drunk.. (doesn't help!)
I'm sure there are people who will say I'm still a good friend..
my belief in those people is quite steadfast ;)
I definitely love them more than certain others!

of course, facing up to the wrongs you've done is never easy..
I accept the blame, but not others' vituperation..
in fact, there's only one opinion that matters to me now..
I'm going to have to wait on that one, it seems..
that's fine, as I don't think I can take much more..
today was a write-off, and hope isn't quite here..

why I don't ask for someone's advice first, I'll never know..
(the cause of all my problems, as Kate said once about herself)
but I definitely will do that later on.. hopefully, I remember!
I was given an opportunity to sleep on it, even!
but I'm guilty of rash actions, and not thinking properly..
explaining my way out of it isn't something I'd like..
public and private should be kept in mind for the future..
that, I'm fully convinced of for damned sure!
(ah, the crunchy devastation of lessons learned..)

however, certain friends of mine totally rock!
(they keep me relatively sane through all this sturm und drang)
the five of them (Yazmine, Corey, Eric H., Darren, and Spoz) all deserve a hug and kiss..
too bad the closest is Yazmine, and I won't see her for a while..
Eric H. might be closer than Yazmine is, but I won't see him for a bit..
Darren is in the next province over.. won't ever see him! (Alberta)
Corey is Stateside, and his advice and humor are distracting..
and Spoz is halfway around the planet.. his goofiness is el primo ;)
(it's a given I won't ever see the last two, either)

ah, who am I kidding here.. I don't expect exoneration..
in fact, that shouldn't be.. the outcome's still up in the air..
but I'll take D's advice.. not dwelling on it, dude..
should have kept it all vague and fluffy ;)
this is what happens when I don't..
not talking won't help in this case, either..
bring on the Alan Cross History of New Rock show!
more musical tidbits will be a good thing.. distract my brain ;)
(tips on being a rock snob and demystifying references.. yay!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home