Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Cards Received, 1998-1999

Hey, cool! I just missed a Blogger maintenance outage! :D

Also, it's a good thing that Teunis and I hung out yesterday as opposed to today. SOMETHING has the effect of making me very tired and drained, and I usually don't feel like going out anyhow. :P


Cards Received, 1998-1999

Special 1998

Lynn and Bentley: "Thanks for the great surprise! We'll be putting the cute picture frame and photo album to use as soon as baby arrives. :)"


Birthday 1998

Natalie: "Happy Birthday, Leslie! Hope you had a wonderful day."

Lauren: "Happy 22nd Birthday! Or is it 21st? I hope your special day is filled with wonderful memories. May your 22nd year be the same... full of smiles and laughter and joy. Have fun! Love, Lauren." (she drew a flower)

card from Auntie Eva and Auntie Dorothy

card from Serena's parents

Karen Choo: "Happy 22nd Birthday! Wish I was more available, then we can have our lunch dates like before. But nonetheless I'm glad I know you and have grown to know you more over the years. Hope this birthday will be special for you, and that you will discover your spiritual gifts and God's will for you. Those lunch date days are not over. We'll still do stuff together like before."

Dawn and Geoffrey: "Happy Birthday!" (they drew a balloon; the card also has Ephesians 3:20-21 and Psalm 36:7 on it)

card from Uncle Richard and Auntie Gloria

Connie Lucas: "Have a happy day, Leslie."


Special 1998

Kelvin: "Hey Leslie, Thanks for being there when I needed a person to talk to. You are different from all of my friends and family. You listen to what I need to say. So on behalf of the Timothy Fellowship, we would like to thank you for being there for our individual needs."


Christmas 1998

Ellen: "Happy Holidays, and Merry Christmas! Yah! We all get to sleep in! So what are your plans for these weeks? Sleep, eat, TV.... veg.... bug siblings... Are you going to the New Year's celebration? Anyways, have a good Dec. 25! See you next week!" (she drew a frazzled girl next to a Christmas tree, haha)

Kelvin: "Hey Leslie. How's it going. Well, it's that time again for gifts and cards. Well, here are some gifts for you. I hope you like it. Thanks for those gifts that you often give me. It is really not necessary. Merry Christmas. Grad 2002 rules!"

Shirley: "Thank you for your wonderful gift... I can definitely put it to good use. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a magnificent New Year. I'm trying to be original in wishing people Merry Christmas. Cheers and Love, Shirley." (the card has Psalm 2:12 on it)

card from Daryl

Hannah and Sarah: "Merry Christmas! Thanks so much for the gifts. May God keep you in the New Year. Keep smiling!"

Denise and Julie: "Merry Christmas!"

Elizabeth: "May He who long ago was born in Bethlehem on Christmas morn be very near to you and bless your Christmastime with happiness!"

Elizabeth and James: "Have a wonderful Christmas and a great 1999!"

Nina: "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year."

Dawn: "Hey Leslie! We (Steph and I) were shocked to find out that there was no whiteout on the card.... just joking! Thanks for the card, bookmark, and stuff! So... Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!"

Mike Wu: "Dear Leslie, Hope you have a relaxing holiday break! Wishing you all the best for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Thanks for all those jokes (email) - the computer ones were hilarious!"

Andrea: "Your kindness and care for other people are truly encouraging. Thank you for your heartfelt and honest personal sharing to me. Thank you for your trust. I truly am blessed to have a sister in Christ like you. Sorry this present / card are so late, but I guess they're just in time to be New Year gifts! Because of your love for writing, I thought this gift would be most suitable. Hope you like it! Love always, Andrea."


Special 1999

Lynn: "Congratulations on your move! Hope that you have a wonderful time in your new pad. :) When you get settled in, I'd love to visit you."


Easter 1999

Elizabeth: "Have a wonderful Easter, Leslie!"


Special 1999

Ellen: "Your encouragement and support is much appreciated. Thank you." (her dad passed away very suddenly)


Birthday 1999

Connie Lucas: "Wishing you good health and many happy days."

Elizabeth and James: "Happy Birthday!"

Elaine: "Happy Birthday, Leslie! I am so glad I've been able to spend some time with you over the year. Thank you for being patient while I figured out my schedules. I hope our friendship continues to grow in Christ and I praise Him for creating you! I hope the gift is useful!"

card from parents

Jenny: "Dear Leslie, Happy birthday! Happy 23rd! Thanks for being a good friend who's always willing to listen. I hope that God will continue to bless you in the upcoming year and show you new things about Him. Hope you have an enjoyable birthday! :P"

Esther: "Dearest Leslie: Happy, Happy B-Day. Thank you for being a good friend... always saying hi, always friendly. I really appreciate it! Take care. Esther. :)"

Karen Choo: "Hope you have a good birthday celebration. I pray that you will discover your God-given gifts and that you will always be moved by God's love - such that you will grow and mature in your knowledge and desire to know our Lord. Hope you like your little present! Look forward to our next meeting together."

Chung Yan: "Happy Birthday! Keep the energy going and may GOD continue to bless you in your walk with him!"

Connie: "Hi Leslie... Happy B-Day! Hope you had a great day today. I'll miss those early morning chats in the car on Saturdays. I hope God continues to teach you about Himself and that you continue to seek His will."

Billy and Stella: "I will always remember you for your kindness and friendliness to me over the years. So I wish you many blessings from God as you have been a blessing to me. Sorry it's belated, but I still wanted to wish you a happy birthday!" (the card has Haggai 2:19 on it)

Uncle Richard and Auntie Gloria: "I'm sorry that I forgot your B-Day this year. How did you celebrate? Going out for dinner? Was the food yummy? I hope you enjoyed it."

Alex: "Hi! I am sorry for forgetting your birthday. So, did you have a fun celebration? Well, I wish you a happy belated birthday." (the card has Zephaniah 3:17 on it)


Christmas 1999

Larry and Sandra: "Merry Christmas! Hope this season brings much joy and peace. Best wishes in Year 2000!"

Lynn: "Hi Leslie! Have a wonderful Christmas and an awesome New Millennium! Lynn. :)"

Yazmine: "May you have a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful year 2000, full of joy and happiness! :)"

Elizabeth and James: "Have a Wonderful Christmas and a Great New Millennium!" (they included a recipe for old-fashioned caramel popcorn, heh)

Denise, Brian, and Julie: "I was sorry to hear about your car... but I'm glad everything turned out OK!"

Nina: "Wishing that your once-a-year Christmas returns you the memories and joys you had years before. May your 2000 be an adventure and a ride."

Yumi: "Hi! How are you, Leslie? I'm sorry that I haven't written for so long. This year, I started work. I have experienced a lot of things, but this job is for only one year. So I'm going to do job hunting in April. What are you doing every day? Please tell me. So I started Internet, and this is my email address. Please send me a mail someday. Bye-bye for now... I hope you have a good year." (she included a sticker picture of her and her sister)

Total: 40


Honorary mention for Birthday 1999: The Birthday Poster on blue construction paper! Yay for craft-y friends! Black letters, glitter, and the works combine to make this special. :D

Emily: "Hi Leslie! I hope you will have an awesome birthday!" (plus a drawing of a Martian)
Melia: "Hey Leslie! Happy Birthday. I know it's a bit late, but I hope you will have tons of fun @ 23 years!"
Shirley: "Leslie, I really hope that you have a great birthday. I wish you all the best. Keep your path on God's Word. I wish that you have a great time."
Kelvin: "Happy Birthday, Leslie! Birthdays only happen once a year; each time with a different number, and never the same. That's why your birthday means so much to everyone! And the reason why we, including I, want to make this special for you is because you've brought us laughter, been with us through pain, and been a very incredibly good friend. Have a great birthday, and make it last!"

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home