Tuesday, January 07, 2003

A little bit about me

Now, to all the stuff I couldn't fit into my description: I'm a bit interested in twins (and other multiples; triplets, quadruplets, quintuplets, sextuplets, etc.), babies and kids (I like them to a certain extent, but am a long way from having them right at the moment), reading, humor, true crime, comics.. the list could go on and on. But for a more detailed description, I now present to you my personal "FAQ" (hehehe):

What I do for fun: reading, going to bookstores and the library, hanging out with friends, eating out with them, keeping in touch with people, listening to music, going to my friends' houses, looking after little kids, sometimes going places by myself, parties at friends' houses, etc.

Foods I like: some Chinese food (hot and sour soup, noodles, curry, wonton soup, etc.), pizza, pasta, chicken, sushi, turkey, Pho noodles, steak, etc.

Music I like: classic rock, some current rock, some pop (no BSB-type stuff for me)... that's about it, though I can stand most other types... even my brother's weird mix tapes of Monster Magnet, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, and Mercury Rev. Some other groups I like include (but are not limited to): Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Everclear, Matthew Good Band, Our Lady Peace, Led Zeppelin, New Order, the Doors, Big Sugar, Creed, Nickelback, Collective Soul, the Police, etc.

Stuff I like to read: humorous stuff, some (auto-)biographies, Guinness World Records stuff (that Primetime TV show is cool), the Outlander series, Bathroom Readers, true crime, trivia, some fiction (and some non-fiction as well), comic strips, stuff about music... guess it all depends on what I feel like reading!

Any more questions? Email me (yes, the "contact" link *DOES* work).. the answer just might show up on this page in future! If you do email me as a result of reading this blog, please say that you found my address as a result of reading this. It helps to cut down on the spam.. hehehehe. :)

Oh, and YES.. if you've heard all those rumors, they're true. I am indeed the birthday queen, and I have good birthday prowess. So to that end, I will be sticking birthday greetings in here to my friends and acquaintances. (online / offline.. it doesn't matter whether they read this or not, even)


Here are my blanket "happy birthday" wishes for everyone:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PEOPLE!!!!

Approximate Chinese Version of "Happy Birthday": (thanks, Nathan!)

"Guung juuk nay fook sow yuen teen tsai, hing hong nay sun fie lok. Leen leen doe yao gum yut, suuy doe yao gum jzew, guung hay nay! Guung hay nay!"


Approximate English Translation of Above:

"Congrats on this good day of fortune, where we can all gather together. Wishing you a very happy birthday. Every year, this wondrous day arrives; Always, this wondrous time comes. Congratulations! Congratulations!"


Hope you have a great birthday, and a wonderful year to come! :)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home