Friday, August 20, 2010

Spicy Court and $100 BLING! / Ebola, Seven Deadly Sins, and Microbes!

Lunch with Auntie Ying and her mom at the Spicy Court Restaurant near Oakridge was largely uneventful - of course, the old lady showed her BLING in the form of a $100 bill, haha. (she's generous, even to Phil's friend Matt - and recognized me when I came in a little late!) I learned that she was smart and still plays the stock market at 90 years old! Of course, I showed her that I can be polite and respectful, while Auntie Ying remembered that I was that way to Uncle Peter's mom before she passed away. We had only a few things (like long noodles with SCALLOPS) for lunch, but that was fine in view of the BBQ that I have to attend later on for Fellowship. ("next time, bring Grandma!" Hahaha, NO!) Lots of strong tea, as well - YAY! (also discussed my being smart and understanding a lot of Chinese... um, I don't know about THAT!)

Auntie Ying thinks that I can stay for Sunday School when Eric has to go early - in view of my personal sanity, I can't do that! Then she offered to take me out for lunch and take me home on those days, so I wouldn't have to miss the class; I can't do that because it would be a bit of trouble, and I also like my downtime! Short Sundays are also good in view of that, especially after a long Sunday like the previous ones were! (this Sunday will be a long one) She told me that Jessie was a good storyteller, and wanted me to pray for her and her mom's trip to China to see a village - okay, then! Says that the twins are sick again, too.

Before we left, she told me about her frank and honest nature - and the tension it creates with her mom. Hahaha, I knew it! At least the lunch was short, but it shouldn't have taken me almost an hour to get home because of waiting for the 407! And once I was on that bus, I rediscovered something: I cannot STAND slow people who impede my goal of getting off the bus before the driver pulls away from the stop. Get your stuff together BEFORE we get there, and don't spend it on the phone with thirty seconds to spare. What is WRONG with people?! And no, saying "sorry" doesn't make it better! When I finally got home, I called Eric and greeted him with: "What's the plan, Stan?" Of course, he had to take this literally and respond that there was no one named Stan at his work! He KNOWS what I mean, the crazy person! I can definitely make it to the usual place by 6-ish, so I'm glad I have some downtime before that!


Got all these tagging photos from Marilynn:





Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home